Even better.........

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
i remember reading something about an "occasional" high RPM run being ok and programmed into this car...someone refresh my memory

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
i remember reading something about an "occasional" high RPM run being ok and programmed into this car...someone refresh my memory

car has an over-rev feature that will allow it to touch 7K rpm for 7 seconds....not that you should be there any longer than a second. safety feature and good for drag racing, get the most out of your run i guess

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Well, at least there'll be a bunch of happy people that this got posted on a forum first. :dw: Seriously, wtf. But not a big deal.

In any case, I think the rwhp numbers will have people calling BS on 662, or at least arguing about the drivetrain loss being applied.

Last edited:

Shhhh

Established Member
Well, at least there'll be a bunch of happy people that this got posted on a forum first. :dw: Seriously, wtf. But not a big deal.

In any case, I think the rwhp numbers will have people calling BS on 662, or at least arguing about the drivetrain loss being applied.

Please elaborate. Not trying to start anything, just confused with your post.

BossAnaki

Established Member

Hmmm? Please explain.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Please elaborate. Not trying to start anything, just confused with your post.

I'm just saying that there's still a media embargo and Ford themselves haven't even officially said that's the hp the car makes. Someone dragged their feet on getting these numbers out officially before they made the rounds on the net. Whoops!

The second part I'm saying that with the rwhp numbers the car makes, there will be people saying that even 662 hp is underated.

x99blacksnakex

Horsepower over Willpower
Established Member
I'm just saying that there's still a media embargo and Ford themselves haven't even officially said that's the hp the car makes. Someone dragged their feet on getting these numbers out officially before they made the rounds on the net. Whoops!

The second part I'm saying that with the rwhp numbers the car makes, there will be people saying that even 662 hp is underated.

I'm guessing that it's going to be in the 600 whp neighborhood, and around 570 wtq.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member

:poke:

come on now....

:dw:

01LightningGal

Gloria
Established Member
Woohoo................ I had called "at least 600whp" quite a while back.

Hmmmm................ 610??

A simple "warmer or colder" would suffice. I wouldn't want you to get in any trouble. :)

01LightningGal

Gloria
Established Member
Funny how the measure being touted for supremacy by the Dearborn Dandies is 1/4-mile-only. Based solely on a 662 hp number. That, in production trim, is an unknown quantity in the hands of the "great unwashed".

"One Trick Pony" comes to mind...for SURELY you'll agree the GT 500 stands ZERO chance on a roadcourse vs. the "underpowered/traction-limited/over-weight" ZL1...right? After all, the GT 500 at 550 hp, its stable-mate the BOSS LS kicked its hiney @ VIR...and the lowly under-$40K 1LE beat the Best-handling BOSS...and the ZL1 tramples 'em ALL!

What the Camaro needs is some REAL competition...not some hobby-horse pretend-a-car with the influences of one very old chili-peddler...

Bring 'er to VIR, and let the clocks decide...

Holy wishful thinking Batman !!!

Damn, the denial runs deep in this one. LOL

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Nobody can say for sure what dyno will read what. I'm sure they will vary greatly by city, shop and car. There's just going to be a lot of GT500s that are making 100 rwhp more than these ZL1s reading in the 4xx range. Combine that will the extra weight, and it's gonna get real ugly on the street.

Last edited:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Holy wishful thinking Batman !!!

Damn, the denial runs deep in this one. LOL

Front page of Camaro5 -

1 story on Redline Motorsports ZL1 drag racing.
2 stories on Lingenfelter ZL1 drag racing.
0 road race stories

Camaro5 ZL1 forum

256 replies, 14,481 views regarding drag strip threads
3 replies, 412 views, 0 times in "lap time thread"

Whatever they have to cling to, reality is blatantly obvious.

ShelbyKid

It sounds stock..
Established Member
Front page of Camaro5 -

0 road race stories

Camaro5 ZL1 forum

but I thought it was a track car, not a drag car :shrug:

LOL

01LightningGal

Gloria
Established Member
I can't understand why they are saying any of that............. since none of us have seen what the 2013 can do.

Until we see a 2012 ZL1 run a road course against a 2012 GT500 PP, they don't have a leg to stand on. Sorry, but it gets old. It also shows how many people there have actually driven anything competitively. Since people who have know that the exact same car can show different times earlier or later in the same day, much less different days with different drivers. The swings in time can be rather drastic, also.

Maybe I should have said "Holy Clueless Batman."

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
LOL, wow, just keeps getting better and better!

When did the boss outrun the gt500 at vir? I cannot figure out why they saying it has
i think they're talking about the C&D lightning lap results, where the boss 302LS ran in 2012 and the fastest GT500 ran in 2011. the 302LS put down a 3:02.8 lap while the GT500 put down a 3:04.0 lap. BUT these 2 lap times were set on different days, which completely nullifies the comparison altogether. those C5 "road course fanboys"(i bet the number that have even been to a track can be counted on one hand:rollseyes) can't grasp that track times can vary by NUMEROUS SECONDS based solely on weather and track conditions(let me know if you haven't seen "the" nurburgring article:lol1:).
for example, in '07 the Z51 vette ran a 3:03.6, but in '08 it ran a 3:01.2. are you telling me that GM made enough changes to the car in 1 model year that it gained 2.4 seconds WITHOUT a HP bump or stickier set of tires? or could it just happen that the 2008 lightning lap had more favorable track/weather conditions? hmmm.
another one; in 2007 the GT500('07 or '08 model year) ran a 3:05.9, but in 2010 the GT500(2010 model year) ran a 3:07.4. of course the 2010 GT500 had gained 40HP and MUCH improved suspension tuning over the '07-'09 GT500s, yet it ran 1.5 seconds slower. is the 2010 GT500 actually worse than the 2007, or was the track/weather conditions more favorable in '07? or did they even maybe have a better driver in '07? HMMM.
their logic is so flawed it's not even ****ing funny.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Front page of Camaro5 -

0 road race stories

Camaro5 ZL1 forum

But the GT500 is a 2013.:banana:

9secondko

9secondko
Established Member
But the GT500 is a 2013.:banana:

And it comes out a mere couple of months after the "2012" ZL1.

They are direct competitors and the GT500 looks to eat its direct competition for lunch.

funny how C5 members and GM guys in general all want to compare the brand new ZL1 that JUST came out to a car that has essentially ended its model year run.

The 2013 Ford and 2012 chevy are chronological competitors, despite the year number.

Users who are viewing this thread