EVAP purge solenoid location

exdeath

Established Member
Whats the easiest way to get to this? Can I get to it without spending an hour taking half the car apart?

I see the dry fuel hose that goes to vacuum in the blower plenum just after the TB, and it goes down into a small hole into the passenger inner fender near the firewall with a bunch of other stuff.

I'm on a seek and destroy mission for a ticking noise that is getting to be pretty loud inside the car but not engine related. EVAP solenoid is the only thing I can think of that ticks under PWM at the same rate that might be mistaken for valve tick at idle/cruise. I hate pulling up next to a drive thru or something and sounding like I have valve tick :nonono:

Brandon03SVT

Established Member
EVAP vapor mgt. valve is behind the right hand front splash shield. The RF tire and splash shield will have to be removed. You'll see it clear as day. The canister vent solenoid is pushed into the charcoal canister behind the LR tire. You can get to this w/o lifting the vehicle.
I had a Grand Marquis come in with a "tapping in the dash" when the VMV was being commanded. It was almost inaudible. I could hear it at idle only with everything off. The way it was mounted to the firewall, it was communicating right into the cabin. After a new VMV didn't fix it, I tried to put some flocking tape on the mounting bracket, 2 injector o-rings between the plate and the VMV, and 2 fuel line o-rings for a 7.3L diesel i had laying around before i put the nuts back on to buffer the sound... And it still made noise. I was forced to tell the customer it was normal.

Users who are viewing this thread