Evan Smith Discusses S650 Dual Throttle Body & Dyno Stock Dark Horse

andymarkv

Established Member
I thought this was interesting. Maybe this is old news, but the dual throttle body on the S650 is to house the carbon traps now required. He talks about why at the 6:30 mark.
They felt the dyno pulls accurately support the 500hp crank rating. Their explanations seem reasonable to me.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
This is it, what the hell does it do? How does it trap carbon?

Picture1ss.png

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
At least it’s easy to remove lol.

what point do we start turning into our dads and not even want a newer car? My ZL1 has so many electronic cheats on it i almost feel guilty at times. I wouldn’t mind a more analog experience, but am spoiled to the safety and absolute planted chassis

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
At least it’s easy to remove lol.

what point do we start turning into our dads and not even want a newer car? My ZL1 has so many electronic cheats on it i almost feel guilty at times. I wouldn’t mind a more analog experience, but am spoiled to the safety and absolute planted chassis
I’m already there. Zero desire for a new car.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Carbon traps and probably at least 4 cats - Saving the planet one S650 at a time!

Analog...This is why the two cars I technically own are a 2003 and 2007. lol (F-150 is a company vehicle and Fiesta is my chick's although I pay for everything but the gas...usually.)

Users who are viewing this thread