Euro clear headlights - Rice or Nice?

whtsnake03

Established Member
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2481674300&sspagename=ADME:B:SS:US:1

I saw these on eBay.

Rice or Nice?

:??:
99mustangheadlightsclear.jpg

Last edited:

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Oh, I thought they were taillights! EDIT. Doesn't matter. Most people would rather do a dark one. As long as it doesn't effect the color of the bulbs. Clear turn signals are illegal. I think the purpose of our headlights are so they are reflective.

Last edited:

jcayer

Eats Ryc
Established Member
HMM.. thats a tough one.. I have seen them on a otherwise "non-rice) mustang, and they looked good. BUT it was a black one... if it were another color (expecially light colors, yellow, silver, white ect... it would really look ricey.... on the black one though, it looked more "clean" and was a nice contrast...

I vote nice on black, rice on rest!! (and I am not biased to a black car, I have a silver so I can't pull them off...) ;-)

whtsnake03

Established Member
I would have to see them installed first. But my initial reaction is RICE.

jcayer

Eats Ryc
Established Member
Originally posted by whtsnake03
I would have to see them installed first. But my initial reaction is RICE.

As was mine, but after seeing someone on this board, I thought it was *ok* on a black one, because it was a contrasting clean look (I think the person just removed their reflectors, it was a posting a little while back...)

Would I do it to my car... NO
would I call rice on a car with it.. yes if its a light colored car.. prob. not if its a black car...(unless its there to match the rear tail lights, and bi-wing spoiler, then hells yeah its rice:kaboom: )

:beer:

Juiced-03

Established Member
I'd like to see them on a Cobra before I make my opinion. It's hard to tell in that pic how they would look. I think it might look clean on certain colors.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Not pukin' ugly and whoever gets it get some pix, might be nice. I'm too poor to experiment with 150 bucks!

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Originally posted by Juiced-03
I'd like to see them on a Cobra before I make my opinion. It's hard to tell in that pic how they would look. I think it might look clean on certain colors.
Did you ever get those X2C black tail lights on?

Juiced-03

Established Member
Originally posted by 03yllwguy
Did you ever get those X2C black tail lights on?

I actually used VHT's NightShades and did my own. It came out VERY nice, but a touch too dark (I sprayed too much!). It was a bit rough to the touch, so I sanded them down smooth and bought some clear coat. When I cleared them, the can did not spray in a fine mist and instead it was like a hose that left them with huge blobs of clear. It looked horrible so I had to strip the VHT off with thinner. I am going to buy another can of the stuff and have my buddy clear them at his shop. I didn't want to pay X2C $220 when I can do it for $15.

VHTnightshades.jpg

SALEENGTROUSH

who wants to race ?
Established Member
Originally posted by mwaull
im with juiced03 on this one . . .

yep me 2....i mean on a zainoed, clearkote, or nxt waxed black 03 cobra with those crystal clear headlights might looks sick!!!!1

NIELSTTCOBRA

Got Boost?
Established Member
i think they'd look good on a silver cobra... if they are still around in a couple of months, i may have to try a set. too many things in the works right now to try.

2004 Culebra

Established Member
No Rice, I seen a Sonic Blue with those clear corners and the sh!t looked tight. I have a Black clearcoat snake and am actually thinking of doing the clear corners too...

1 bad bullitt

Do'in it in the dirt
Established Member
Vandenberg Air Force Base, California, United Stat
I have them , had them, they were the look I wanted but that damn tiawaneese quality sucked , they did not fit good and the driver side light kept geting water in it, it eventually ruined thme , the chrome rusted off of the inside of them , I finnal had to take them off, they suck! OEM ligts are the only way to go. Only lasted a couple of months for 150$
S2010066.JPG

forged5.4dohc

Established Member
i took the yellow reflectors out of my 99 headlights(the clear ones),and on a white coupe it looked very clean.

Users who are viewing this thread