ET's with the new KB

IZBLOWN

I took the L to cecil last night for Wed. Night racing. It wasnt packed but they treat the track on wed. nights because they run gamblers races. Johnny Lightning tuned a chip for me a few weeks prior and i made a few passes but it was real hot out. I was running a stock crank pulley, accufab TB, C&L 95mm MAF, and JL tuned Diablosport Delta chip, and for the first 2 runs i used the stock 3.5 upper and the best ET was a 13.18@104, changed to the 3.2 upper and it dropped to a 12.89@107 and i stopped after that pass.

Last night i installed a JL 4# lower with the stock 3.5 upper and my first pass was a 12.97@107. Flipped the chip to race side and put some air in the slicks (18psi) and it clicked off a 12.59@109 with a 1.85 60'. It was still hot out at about 85 degrees and the humidity was high. I was very impressed to say the least. My mods are Accufab TB, NGK TR6, C&L 95mm MAF, KB Blower@13psi, and the diablosport chip.

Anthony

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
BLK01L ... nice times bro. :beer: Getting pretty close to the 11's :eek:
Damn that brick would kick my times :bash:

When are u planing on uping the Boost a bit more?

IZBLOWN

Poisonous Mods,

I dont think i am gonna up the boost much more only because its on the stock botttom end. I have a 3.2 upper i can put on that should be good for about 15psi. It seems that every 2lbs boost on the KB is good for about 3/10's and 3mph. I want to do a JL ram air setup and his traction bars, and an electric fan kit, and a bassani exhaust, but i need to give my bank account a break for a little while, its screaming, LOL. 11's are getting closer.

Anthony

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by BLK01L
Poisonous Mods,

I dont think i am gonna up the boost much more only because its on the stock botttom end. I have a 3.2 upper i can put on that should be good for about 15psi. It seems that every 2lbs boost on the KB is good for about 3/10's and 3mph. I want to do a JL ram air setup and his traction bars, and an electric fan kit, and a bassani exhaust, but i need to give my bank account a break for a little while, its screaming, LOL. 11's are getting closer.

Anthony

Interesting... i saw 2 Lightnings & both had KB's on. 1 guy was at the tuner to change his program from RACE Fuel to just a regular tune & timing. That guy had the Boost if i can remember correctly up to 17psi & he lifted alot of weight of the truck but still couldnt break into the 11's. He said he was close but needed to loss a little more weight.

Just amazing that much truck can go that fast :eek:

So if u had 4lbs of boost & a little weight loss ud be in around 11.8's?

Damn....that brick will kick my A$$ any day. :beer:

IZBLOWN

Poisonous mods, i am already running a JL 4# lower, but i do think if i had 4 more pounds it wouldnt be impossible to break into the 11's. I think when i install the 3.2 upper and get the electric fan and the new intake, it should be real low 12's maybe even an 11.9 (hopefully, lol).
It is pretty crazy you can get something that weighs that much to go that fast!

Anthony

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Blk01L / Anthony ... did u do any weight reductions yet?
The one fella i was talking about took the passanger seat out, radio delete, interior gutted.

He was talking about another Cali Lightning owner who went 11's with the KB who was pretty light. So he was trying to duplicate the same thing.

Oh & got to see a swap of the KB to the Factory Eaton....wow it looked so easy...wish the Cobras were that easy. :shrug:

Best thing bro.....some stupid folks just might think they can beat u on the streets but they dont know is what the Lightnings are about ;-)

:beer:

IZBLOWN

Poisonous Mods, the only weight reduction i did was remove the tailgate. I dont get into many street races, but when i do its usually somoeone in an import that has no idea what i L is.

Speaking of imports, on my 12.5 run, i raced a Nissan 280SX. I didnt even think he had a chance, i guess you should never underestimate your opponents. He holeshot me on the light, but 60' was worse than mine, he was a 1.92 i was a 1.85, but the thing was, i WASNT pulling on him! I was a 1/2 car behind him through the traps, and though he waxed me. He ran a 12.594@117 (yes,117) and i ran a 12.593@108!!! That was the closest race i have ever had, and the most fun. The guy driving the car was real cool and we talked for a little while and ran each other 3 more times, but couldnt match the first races times, but his MPH were throught the roof, with slicks he would have killed me, but oh well.

Anthony

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
:eek: So ur times are really good with just the Tailgate off. :beer:

Yupper...had the same problem u did but this was with a Freaking Grand Prix. Dude had a helmet on & of course this was only the 1st time to the track & didnt expect it. I got him on the tree but from there on to the 1000F i was chasing him....only beat him by a few hundreth of a sec. :eek: That was more fun vs any thing :D

280SX didnt think they were that fast. Wow he most of spent some cash to get it up that fast.

Its all for fun at the tracks :D & when u do race a cool dude its just an added pleasure.

IZBLOWN

Yea man, he had all kinds of money wrapped up in it. But he was running 13.6's the week before, but he put a bigger turbo on it. Plus it had all kinds of body work done, but it didnt look like a normal import, it actually looked good. PLus he used to drive for falken tires and he gets all his tires at cheap prices.

Anthony

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Guess if u got the $$ u got the times....well thats not true either. Some folks in this forums know how to drive & they havent dished out that much.

Im hoping i can get ur times tomorrow. Carlsbad only 200F above sea, so im praying for some good 60' to get my time as close as yours
:beer:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by BLK01L
I went back to cecil last night to and installed the 3.2 upper with the 4# lower and my best ET was a [email protected]. I am very happy with the results, a few more mods and i should see an 11 second timeslip!

Anthony

:eek:

Damn thats very fast. :beer:

:cryying: i havent seen 12's on paper & sick & tierd of making correction on my times.

Dude very nice :)
Thank god ur not in cali ;-) ... wouldnt want to run ya & loss.

Stewart

Worldwide panhandler
Established Member
Thank god my lil Z isnt in Cali too huh PM?:p

01L, how has Cecil been this year for rice? I am comin back in September and was just curious.

Stu

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by Stewart
Thank god my lil Z isnt in Cali too huh PM?:p
01L, how has Cecil been this year for rice? I am comin back in September and was just curious.
Stu

:dw:
Stu,
Just some times aghhhhr. :nonono:
What about rice?

:cuss:

Sorry Blk01L. / Stu is a bit weird. :p
Why not try to change the exhaust? Maybe u got .3tenths maybe :shrug:

IZBLOWN

Stu, its been ok, best night to go is wed. night, they treat the track. Other than that its been great, i went friday night and it wasnt packed at all. They are running every wed. night now until the end of the season.

Poisonous mods, i think that is the next thing im gonna do, i realize the stock exhaust is good, but it cant be that good to support the boost to run a 12.3, so i think im gonna go the Bassani route, and possibly a torque converter and an electric fan, and traction bars. If i can cut the 60' down it would be great, the 60' was a 1.82.

Later guys.

Anthony

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Damn.... u still havent dont any thing with the transmittion yet?
Bet u have .1 or .2 tenths with the converter & traction bar.

Oh...i can see 11's soon :eek:

:beer: :beer:
Damn em i the only freak that cant drive :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread