Ethanol percent AFR Conversion table

65fastback2+2

Established Member
Just put this together and figured someone else might be able to use it.

e85table_zpse99932b5.gif

where "combined" is stoich AFR and "WOT AFR" is based on the standard 11.5 gasoline AFR for WOT.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Nice....but extend it out to include E65 and E60. Bunch of low 60s readings the past 5 days at Krogers in Houston and Dallas.

Keep testing your fuel!

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
You didn't fill with that did you? Or do you have the ability to change your tune on the fly for the difference?

No, it wasn't me. It was my broinlaw in houston filling up at a Kroger in league city (houston) and the other in DFW was 04sleeper. They both filled up at Krogers within a day or 2 of each other..just in separate cities. Bad batch got in the Kroger distribution line

My broinlaw has an 03 HD F150 and it's like the terminators...pretty limited on making adjustments. I think Kevin told me if you're tuned for E85...about E70 is as low as you will probably run successfully without setting off rich codes. If you get E60...a revised tune would be recommended to burn that tank.....or you have to figure out a way to drain the tank

Now the newer 5.0s with the factory dual widebands and more capable pcm's can probably get away with it.

FordEvangelist

Established Member
I filled up at a Kroger in Plano about the same time as 04Sleeper and it went to E75 then down to E60 in a week or so. Yesterday, it tested at E80.

I didn't know the supply had changed until the car started running real rich. I'm keeping several tunes on my XCal now.

Users who are viewing this thread