ETF cell phone bill?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Verizon is trying to charge taxes on my ETF fee. 40 bucks in taxes for no services rendered. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is this even legal?

Thanks in advance.

Stanger00

Established Member
It's not Verizon it's the law. They are charging tax because it is a service. Makes sense to me. Just as much sense as charging you sales tax on the retail value of the phone when you purchase it at a discounted rate.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
It's not Verizon it's the law. They are charging tax because it is a service. Makes sense to me. Just as much sense as charging you sales tax on the retail value of the phone when you purchase it at a discounted rate.
Dont see how there's service when he is terminating that service. If anything he should only be charged for the days he had the service not for canceling it.

Also, the sales tax on retail value is only in certain states, not everywhere.

OP I was charged an extra $10 on taxes, etc for the ETF coming out to almost $20 each line, that was including almost a full month of service. Compared it to my previous bill.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I asked why I was being taxed and the manager at the verizon store did not know. He said I was being taxed on my third bill. I asked how I could have 3 monthly bills when I had service for only one month and two days?

Taxed 40 on etf? I have never heard of this before.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Yeah it's taxed. Look at your contract you signed and it's written as a service fee and not a penalty so they can tax it.

If you want you can try and call the call center and ask for an explanation and bump it up a few times but you're not a true customer anymore so don't expect too much.

Users who are viewing this thread