et streets question

blksvt10th

Established Member
I just got my et streets mounted on some diamond wheels, do i need to get them balanced for track use only? the shop that mounted them couldnt balance them since they were too wide for the machine. i figure the tires are going to get out of whack after a few passes if they get blanced, so i'd be pointless... any ideas?

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
I have always balanced them but I'm not sure if it's necessary. As long as the tire isn't rotating on the rim, they should stay in balance.

blksvt10th

Established Member
i always thought that et streets or drag slicks would rotate just a little on the rim unless they were bolted down? figured that if they were balanced, and they did rotate on the rim it'd be pointless cause then you'd need them rebalanced... I'm gonna mark my tires and rims next time i go to the track to see if that actually does happen...

anyone not have their et streets balanced?

JerseySVT

Established Member
I just got the Diamond racing wheels too. I'm having the ET streets mounted tomorrow and I plan on having them balanced. Most people I talked to had them balanced. I think its necessary. But I could be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread