ET Street (bias-ply) users step inside please

86merc

Established Member
Is anyone running the Mickey Thompson 28X12.50-15LT ET Street (bias-ply) part number 3755? Do they fit in the wheel well with no issues?

These show as having a tire diameter of 28.10 in., a section width 12.60 in. and a tread width 10.00 in.. That section width is 1.6" wider than the 275/60/15 ET Street Radial I am currently running.

I would prefer to run these over the 28x11.5-15LT because of the extra height/roll out. But the 12.6" cross section has me a little worried if I will have any issues. I would have these on my 15x10 Weld RT-S wheels with the correct 7" bs and offset for the car.

Let me know what you guys have experienced.

Thanks

Last edited:

Eric@jpc

Established Member
They should fit with no problems, We used to have people run them all the time. Now that the Radials have gotten better most people go with them. The radials are much more stable at high speeds.

TO answer your question yes that et street will fit the car with those wheels.

86merc

Established Member
Thank you for confirming it.

I agree the radials have come a long way. My Capri has never had anything but a radial on it. The car works very well with that set up. But the Mustang is limited as it is my daily driver and the suspension is far from ideal for drag racing. I think a bias-ply would work better with the manual trans too.

I also need more mph in the 1/4 mile with the 275/60/15 radials and 6850rpm soft rev limiter. That is good for about 115mph and that is where I am at now. The ET Streets or stiff sidewall slick should give me some more mph capability as they grow at speed. I think I will need it as better air comes in this fall, I start doing some weight saving mods and install an alum drive shaft. Plus the tires are each about 10# lighter than the radials. Or is there a flaw in that logic?

I have not commited to any changes yet. But at least I know those tires are an option. Decisions, decisions. hmmm

Thanks again Eric. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread