estimates on ET from my 93 cobra!

traub83

Wing Warrior destroyer
Established Member
aight, im new to the site so first off id like to say hey everyone and Id like to give a lil background on my car. I got a 93 cobra fox body, its silver and has 17" cobra R wheels and well ill just posta pic of it when i get my camera back hows that anyways. I ditched the t5 tranny sorry peeps, I now have a TCI c4 tranny, 4.10 gears, and moser axles, the motor is a 302 bored over to a 306. E303 cam, 1.7 roller rockers, ported and polished edelbrock rpm heads and matching rpm intake, 70mm BBK thorttlebody, Keith black 9.5:1 pistons, eagle I beam rods, trickflow forged crank, meh well its fairly built pretty good just tryin to get miles on it now to get it all broken in before i really romp on it. so far she runs flat out amazing.. I am buying a set of ET streets for my 17" cobra r's so i can traction up cause so far its hard to get traction in 1st gear it just slides and smokes the tires lol.. anyways after all is broken in I will be running a nitrous works efi wet kit with a 175hp jet setup for the strip duty. I was currious as to what you guys think a good estimate of my et's will be at 1000 above sea level, with and without nitrous and my car weighed in at 3157 pounds with me in it so yah. basically i wanted to introduce my car to you all and to see what ya all think of it and what she should be able to pull?? next winter I will have a 347 stoker motor but for now this is what I have..

traub83

Wing Warrior destroyer
Established Member
yes its silver I just had it repainted, 17"et streets ya dont think it will hook up? i dont hook up now on street tires and i know with spray it wouldnt come close but with et streets i figured it would be a lot better..

slow98t/a

Established Member
considering your elevation isn't horrible, and your combo isn't the best...on e.t. streets..I give it a 12.6-12.9 N/A and, on 175 shot, about an 11.40-ish.

traub83

Wing Warrior destroyer
Established Member
it was black orginally, if you were to rebuild my motor what would you have gone with to keep it streetable and hit a low 12 high 11 with??

slow98t/a

Established Member
I would have done AFR 165's, custom grind cam, and an edelbrock performer rpm upper/lower..I just say that b/c I had taht set-up and it ran like a champeen. Another good route to go would have been TFS Stage 1 cam, Twisted Wedge Heads, and a Track Heat intake...longtubes are a must as well. Hell, a friend of mine ran 12.6's with taht setup at 110mph on street tires...and, another friend ran 12.1x in a coupe with 4.10's. e-cam is alright, but there are so many other choices that are much better...FTI, Bennett, AFM etc...heads? Any of the AFR's, or TFS heads are better than the Edelbrock's..but that's is just my take on edelbrock stuff....(yes I know i had the intake). A friend of mine had the edelbrock performer rpm upper/lower, edelbrock heads, and crane 2031 cam in a '94 cobra..and with 3.73's, ran 12.70's..5-speed..but the car was all launch..it only trapped like 105? And, it ran a 7.x on the bottle....FWIW, I think he only dynoed around 280-ish at the wheels wth that set-up.

traub83

Wing Warrior destroyer
Established Member
hmm when i go with my 347 kit, maybe ill ditch my edelbrock heads and grab some afr's this winter. just one more quick question. when i do get my 347 built will my stock ecu still control it or will i have to have it all reburnt again lol... im just currious if ill have to do more compuyter upgrades for the car to reconigize the 347 stroke rather than the 302..

slow98t/a

Established Member
I am not sure about with your computer..but the buddy I previously mentioned now has a coast high performance 347 in his cobra, stage 3 tfs heads, comp custom grind cam, and a holley systemax upper/lower, 4.10's and a tremec tko..and, has gone 11.40's and trapped 120+mph before. His car makes 390rwhp n/a. It'll go 10's on motor, but he's not the swiftest driver with this set-up for some reason?...and, he's yet just not too long ago had it tuned, etc...and had a stock computer on it for the longest time and had no problems out of it.

sled

Established Member
its not going 10s on motor with a 390rwhp. i just did a high hp 347 and it makes more than 390 to the wheels and it doesnt not go 10s! ive seen one 347 go tens on motor in person and that car had a carb on it! it takes about 435rwhp to go tens in a stang.

as for the ecu question, no you dont have to change your ecu if you dont want. i ran my 331 on 24lbs injectors and pro-m maf. it ran pretty well. made 308rwhp and 336rwtq with 8:4-1 comp. the 347 GT i just built has a pro-m on it with 38lbs injectors and runs fine.

sled

Established Member
i dont know how much power the 347 GT has but it could hang on my bumper all the way down the road so its making onver 500bhp!

Fast93

HP 76GTS
Established Member
My previous setup had a keith craft 331 r block, vortech YS, victor heads, and intake, and 50 lb injectors on the factory computer. You just need the correct maf. That setup was 700 rwhp.

traub83

Wing Warrior destroyer
Established Member

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
traub83 said:
my car weighed in at 3157 pounds with me in it so yah. basically i wanted to introduce my car to you all and to see what ya all think of it and what she should be able to pull??

What have you removed from you 93 Cobra to get the weight down to 3157lbs. with you in it? The 93 R-Model was in that weight range with all of its deletes. That is also with a stock "as it came from Ford" steel hood.

Robert

traub83

Wing Warrior destroyer
Established Member
well i have a fiberglass hood, and the motor is almost all aluminum minus the block, and no heater core anymore also. but otherthan that its all still there. Ohh and i dont have a radio and speakers in it aswell. but like i said otherwise all there still.

sled

Established Member
i weight 3300 something with me in it. i guess with some work you could get it down their. plus i got a blower, auto trans, A/C and everything! my buddies GT with a 347 weights alittle less than that but hes got a tubular K and everything!

traub83

Wing Warrior destroyer
Established Member
ohh yah i dont have the AC and all its hardware anymore also.. im really wanting to break into the 11's with my car so im thinking if I add a lil bit of nitrous i should be able to do it, im thinking a 125-175hp shot somewhere in between there. Ill prob end up only doing a 125shot if i break the 11's and i should cause I dont think ill be far off on just motor and my 4.10 gears and my new C4 tranny..:)

Users who are viewing this thread