ESP Plan dealer pricing

ponygirl06

Established Member
I’m going to buy an ESP plan for my car and want to know dealer cost so I can negotiate a better price at a dealership. I live in Florida so I can’t buy online.
I want a 7 year 75,000 mile PremiumCare plan with a $100 deductible. My car has 10,000 miles and I purchased it 4/12/13. I plan to contact two dealerships in Florida and ask for their best price. With the small dealership I ordered the car from I’m going to contact my salesperson. Who is the best person to contact at the larger local dealer? I know the finance person usually tries to sell you an ESP plan. Thanks for your help, I appreciate any advice you can give me.

Last edited:

raustin0017

Established Member
I got the Premium CARE ($100 deductible) for 7 yrs /75,000 miles for $1,750.00. Did I pay too much? Might have gotten it cheaper but at the time I was so excited about the Shelby did not even cross my mind to negotiate for a few dollars off.

ponygirl06

Established Member
It is $100 cheaper if you get it before 4/12/14.
Flood Ford

I put off buying the plan because I thought I could get it from Flood online. Now I have a week before the price goes up.

Florida doesn't let residents buy ESP plans online, unfortunately I didn't know this when I bought the car. I thought I could buy the plan from Flood so I declined the plan the dealership offered when I bought the car. I would've tried to negotiate a better price at the dealership if I knew I couldn't get the plan from Flood. I called Flood, I can't buy it over the phone from them either. Ford sells the 7/75000 with $100 deductible plan for $2530 and Flood charges $1010. According to their website Flood gets a discount for being a volume dealer so they can sell the same plan cheaper than other dealers. I'm hoping someone on here can tell me what dealers pay without a volume discount.

Last edited:

ponygirl06

Established Member
I got the Premium CARE ($100 deductible) for 7 yrs /75,000 miles for $1,750.00. Did I pay too much? Might have gotten it cheaper but at the time I was so excited about the Shelby did not even cross my mind to negotiate for a few dollars off.
I think you can cancel if you bought the plane recently.

phil123

Established Member
I forgot to mention the deductible. I want a 7/75,000 mile plan with a $100 deductible. I edited my original posts to include the deductible.

Unless someone can give you dealer cost I think your best bet is to see what some of the online prices are and go from there. The volume discount if there is one isn't going to be giant. I got a sucker price from the dealer on my last car so I brought in online prices and told them I would cancel if they didn't bring my price down. They didn't match but got pretty close. I would just call a few Florida dealers and talk to the fleet guy or sales manager so you can bypass commissions and see what you can work out.

Snoopy49

Established Member
It's to bad you can't use an out of state relatives address to buy from Flood and then at a later date transfer the insurance to your address.

Burlybear

Established Member
I will pm you the dealer cost with $100 deduct, you must buy before 1 year or 12k miles or the cost will go up by $100.

ponygirl06

Established Member
It's to bad you can't use an out of state relatives address to buy from Flood and then at a later date transfer the insurance to your address.

I don't have an out of state relative I can ask, my husband and I are both only children and our parents live in Florida. Flood Ford's site has a sample contract and one of the boxes asks if the policy was purchased online. https://www.floodfordesp.com/Ford ESP/Forms/2013SampleContractESP.pdf
Both local dealers know I live in Florida and if I need the coverage I don't want to give the dealer any reason to deny coverage.

I will pm you the dealer cost with $100 deduct, you must buy before 1 year or 12k miles or the cost will go up by $100.
Thanks, I really appreciate your help. The dealership I usually use gave me a better price on a chin deflector when I asked them to meet Tousley Ford's price. I figure it won't hurt to ask for a better price on the ESP plan. I'll contact them next week, at least I didn't put off buying the plan until the last minute, I still have time to try and get a better price.

Users who are viewing this thread