Error in ticket? Dismissed in court?

Teal94BirdV8

5.0 HO
Established Member
In a nut shell... we wre hungry. Curfew is 12 at night. Only place open is Wendeys. We eat. Also, I have a tail light out. Dual filiment bulb. Top filiment is out.. so lights work, but blinker/brake light doesnt work (but after examining the bulb, i never placed it back in its socket... so basically no light) Examined light at about 11.30. No auto store open.

Anyways, got two tickets.. "Curfew Violated" and "Defective Equipment- No tail lights" Anyways, one tail light is out, I still have the 3rd, and the pass. side.

Anywas, I still have two tail lights so "NO tail lights" is incorrect..

Also under "Race" they put W (White) when I'm obviously ASIAN.

Will an error like that (or the "No tail lights") have the tickets dismissed in court?

svtcobras

www.htsracing.com
Established Member
*removed by moderator*

Please read the guidelines and follow them when posting.

Flaming and derogatory comments about L.E. and/or L.E. is NOT permitted.

thank you for your cooperation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
IIRC, having a faulty bulb such as what you describe will prevent your car passing the VA safety inspection, so I'd think technically the ticket is legit.

poopy01

My car is slow
Established Member
Teal94BirdV8 said:
In a nut shell... we wre hungry. Curfew is 12 at night. Only place open is Wendeys. We eat. Also, I have a tail light out. Dual filiment bulb. Top filiment is out.. so lights work, but blinker/brake light doesnt work (but after examining the bulb, i never placed it back in its socket... so basically no light) Examined light at about 11.30. No auto store open.

Anyways, got two tickets.. "Curfew Violated" and "Defective Equipment- No tail lights" Anyways, one tail light is out, I still have the 3rd, and the pass. side.

Anywas, I still have two tail lights so "NO tail lights" is incorrect..

Also under "Race" they put W (White) when I'm obviously ASIAN.

Will an error like that (or the "No tail lights") have the tickets dismissed in court?
Im my city atleast we dont have an option for asian on our puters. Your white unless your black :rolling: . And the ticket was for defective equiptment...and it WAS defective. Good luck..

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
Although it would make for good argument, the actual complaint is what the court goes by. Defective equipment violations should not effect your driving record. Pay your fine and move on.

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
svtcobras said:
*removed by moderator.
The officer doesn't have to get you to sign it, now who's the retard here! I claim BS on your story and read the guidelines and rules before posting.

Last edited by a moderator:

svtcobras

www.htsracing.com
Established Member
Iceman II said:
The officer doesn't have to get you to sign it, now who's the retard here! I claim BS on your story and read the guidelines and rules before posting.
Were you in the court room?

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
Isn't that just a "fixit ticket".

Here in California there is no court involved. You put a new bulb in the socket and go to the CHP and get it written off. Then mail the ticket to the DMV or court, however the instructions on the back say.

timpryor

Turbo'd ST
Established Member
In your original post, you said 11:30 was it 11:30 when the police officer pulled you over because if so that cerfew wouldn't apply would it?

as far as the tail light i may not be a LEO(yet) but i can really see that that doesn't matter since it was defective as you said yourself

1FSTSL65

Established Member
You could, however, come to court saying that someone must've taken your car and it wasn't you...and when the judge looks at the ticket and it says white...you may be in the clear. J/K, please don't seriously try that.

DaleM

Sebring SVTOA
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
1. Fix your faulty equipment.
2. Document the correction.
3. Show the judge the receipts and ask for leniency.
4. Ask him jokingly, "Sir, The ticket says I am white. Can I get a break?"
5. Be ready to pay the entire fine.

Five4Rider

Enjoy The View
Established Member
DaleM said:
4. Ask him jokingly, "Sir, The ticket says I am white. Can I get a break?"
Lol, I think we both know thats not a good idea. The words "courtroom" and "comedy" do not go together. :nono:

Users who are viewing this thread