Error Code

VETTKLR

Established Member
I got a buddy with a 2001 Cobra that keeps getting error codes for the Bank 2, Upstream O2 sensor. We swapped the O2 for a brand-new Bosch sensor and now the AutoZone code reader says it's getting a "slow response" from that sensor.

Anybody ever came across this problem before?

He's got a Bassani High-flow X-pipe and it's been giving him hell since he put it on the car.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
sorry, misunderstood the question. That pipe shouldn't have any real eddect on the front sensor should it?? If nobdoy has any other suggestions might try putting the stock H back on and seeing if that makes a difference. I don't have any other suggestions.

VETTKLR

Established Member
I think that wiring connection may have gotten messed up or pulled too hard, etc.

We're gonna put it back on jacks and take a look at the wiring. That's the only thing I can think of.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
unless it really does have a lean prob on that bank..it is a possibility..you should try her on a dyno if you cant figure it out

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Bosch sensors are junk!!!! First, think about the problem. The first code was "bank 2, upstream 02" then with the new sensor installed the first code is gone but you mentioned the new 02 sensor was reading "slow response" try swapping it out for a new sensor again. Changing back to the stock H-pipe wont have any effect on how quickly the sensor responds. The idea that the 02 sensor harness got messed up is also a good possibility but Id try the sensor swap first. Try finding an NGK 02 Sensor they are better than the Bosch 02s. hth :coolman:

RioRed4v

Established Member
my buddy with a GT had the same problems with his Bosch 02 sensors.

He got the slow response code on bank 2, then swapped over to bank 1..both times being the upward 02's. the code followed it from side to side.

he thought it might have been because of his 02 extensions for his LT's, but it turns out it was just the sensor.

He put some factory Ford ones back in the car, and so far, so good.

Users who are viewing this thread