Eric need help....

BC Lightning

Project Panty Dropper
Established Member
How do you take apart the mirrors?? have them off the truck and the body shop guy needs to take them apart to paint, have the painted cover piece off, just need to remove the spring I guess on the inside holding the pieces together

thanks in advance

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
To be honest with you I would like to know how to do the exact same thing????:shrug:

I wanted to take mine apart and paint them but I couldn't figure out how without breaking the damn thing.

Maybe we need to get a practice mirror from the junkyard.

BC Lightning

Project Panty Dropper
Established Member
DOH :bash:

I'm sure it's easier than it seems, but don't want to try and seperate it and break something

BC Lightning

Project Panty Dropper
Established Member
Mike, why not just tape it off?

tape what off??

I have the mirror off the door, trying to figure out how to get the plastic piece that rotates off so the entire plastic piece gets painted, so that if I pull my mirrors in there wnt be a unpainted plastic piece

I'll take pics tomorrow so there is a better understanding of what i'm talking about

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
Oh, I thought you were talking about the plastic part on the back side of the mirror hosing it's self.

BC Lightning

Project Panty Dropper
Established Member
Oh, I thought you were talking about the plastic part on the back side of the mirror hosing it's self.

Need to seperate these

photo.jpg

photo2.jpg

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
it looks like youll need a way to squeeze those tabs together and they should pop appart. however there feels to be a detent in there somewhere so just be careful...just in case something is in there to hold those mirrors in place once you feel that "pop".
perhaps a large zip tie or a worm clamp may compress those tabs enough to slide the pieces semi apart (to where the tabs are in the body enough to be held in place so the worm clamp can be removed and the parts popped appart) if that makes sense lol

BC Lightning

Project Panty Dropper
Established Member
it looks like youll need a way to squeeze those tabs together and they should pop appart. however there feels to be a detent in there somewhere so just be careful...just in case something is in there to hold those mirrors in place once you feel that "pop".
perhaps a large zip tie or a worm clamp may compress those tabs enough to slide the pieces semi apart (to where the tabs are in the body enough to be held in place so the worm clamp can be removed and the parts popped appart) if that makes sense lol

didnt try a zip tie, but did compress the tabs all the way around and it wouldn't budge

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
didnt try a zip tie, but did compress the tabs all the way around and it wouldn't budge

going by what i can see in the pics it looks like only those 4 tabs are whats holding it together...unless there is something else holding it together but then that wouldnt make much sense seeing as most mass produced jobbies are normally made for speed of assembly. is there possibly some sort of a bolt in the pivot that is holding it together? perhaps unscrew the bolt then compress the tabs and try again?
if you take some more pics enable your macro function (normally a button with an icon that looks like a flower) and we can go from there :)
and if you already have the macro enabled come back just a little bit from the housing brother :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread