Equivalent tire

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
I am looking for a tire to replace my current (yet old) Yokohama Avid H4 tires on a 17x9 Cobra R wheel. Size is a 255/40-17.

Unfortunately Yokohama doesnt make these particular Avid H4 tires anymore.

What I have now are part number 30926.

I am looking for a replacement tire that has the exact same specs or very close specs to these as they fit perfectly, IMO, on these 17x9 wheels.

Some quick specs on the current tires:

94H

Overall Width: 10.5 inches
Overall Diameter: 25.1 inches
Tread Width: 9.1 inches
UTQG: 360/A/A

Loaded Dimensions:
Static Radius : 11.5 inches
Revs Per Mile: 828

I hate to be picky but I have noticed other brand tires in a 255/40-17 dont "fit" the same way as these tires on the same 17X9 Cobra R wheel.
Also would like a tire that has similar treadwear rating and higher speed rating than the current H speed rating.

I appreciate your time and expertise!

Last edited:

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I am looking for a tire to replace my current (yet old) Yokohama Avid H4 tires on a 17x9 Cobra R wheel. Size is a 255/40-17.

Unfortunately Yokohama doesnt make these particular Avid H4 tires anymore.

What I have now are part number 30926.

I am looking for a replacement tire that has the exact same specs or very close specs to these as they fit perfectly, IMO, on these 17x9 wheels.

Some quick specs on the current tires:

94H

Overall Width: 10.5 inches
Overall Diameter: 25.1 inches
Tread Width: 9.1 inches
UTQG: 360/A/A

Loaded Dimensions:
Static Radius : 11.5 inches
Revs Per Mile: 828

I hate to be picky but I have noticed other brand tires in a 255/40-17 dont "fit" the same way as these tires on the same 17X9 Cobra R wheel.
Also would like a tire that has similar treadwear rating and higher speed rating than the current H speed rating.

I appreciate your time and expertise!

Thank you for the post. We would be happy to help you with your tire needs.

Tire sizes are just like shoe sizes, some brands run larger while others run smaller even in the same size.

If you are after an all-season performance tire like the Avid H4S, the best option I recommend that is similar in specs is the Yokohama Advan S.4.

This model is Z speed rated with a 400 Tread Wear rating. The rolling diameter is 25.1" and the section width is just slightly narrower at 10.2". Here's the link with more details.

Yokohama tires for car & light truck.

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
Thanks for the reply!

Im not bent on using another Yokohama brand tire. Are there any other brands that might be similar? Shame that many tire companies dont offer more stats/specs about their tires on their websites.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
^
There are some other models that run close in size but Yokhama tires typically run larger in size. The Advan S.4. looks to be the best option for the look you are after.

Users who are viewing this thread