Envoy fog light users

ronlp

Established Member
Hey Guys, just curious if anyone has gone the reproduction route when sourcing lights. As the available OE lights are aging, the typical condition is definitely getting worse. I remember checking out this mod years ago and while they were harder to find used, the ones that people were getting were much nicer looking than what I'm seeing on ebay lately.

I know the re-pops aren't GM/Hella, but considering most of us run aftermarket headlights, I can't imagine they are any worse than those. To give an idea, I was checking these out:

GMC Envoy Fog Light - Free Shipping - Replacement, Vision X

The price is definitely right for the pair ($66 shipped), and since I'm doing new headlights as well, it would be nice to have them all new. Thoughts?

crazycarlo

Established Member
Look into using dodge Dakota fog lights as well. LDC a member on here has a writeup and they use the stock brackets and everything. Basically they are the same size as the stockers just in a different ultraclear type housing. They even use the same bulb type.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I think there is a write up on both in the how-to section.

Don't have time to find it at the moment but IIRC they are in there.

gilby959798

Wyatt's daddy!
Established Member
i sourced them from ebay depo reproduction lights... holding up great in the 98, had them in since 09.

WZL 96

SN95 Wrangler
Established Member

ronlp

Established Member
So repos it is I guess, thanks. With the ratty condition of the used OE lenses I've been seeing, I kinda thought that might be the case. I'm not too concerned with how they mount because I'll make my own brackets anyway.....just wanted to make sure they functioned fairly well for the rare times I'm out at night because I'm probably going to hole saw the D/S headlight, lol.

I've seen the Dakotas, and they look good, but I like the way the Envoys fill the giant hole, especially when tinted to match smoked headlights.

SVT Rob

Established Member
I didn't cut the stock brackets, I just bent the lower portion back. It didn't hinder the mounting of the light or the bracket in the stock location.

ronlp

Established Member
Ordered some $31 ones from eBay. Thanks again for the input.

Is there a known grade or % of tint that closely matches smoked headlights? Would the spray work better? Does doing so drastically affect light output?

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Not that it makes any difference now that you've already bought some but I have Depo headlights and they look fantastic. They've been on there for 2 years and look the way they did new. Just a thought.

*** Just realized the thread is about fog lights lol. Sorry.

Also, I'm in AZ as well. You should get that thing running! I'd love to see it running around on the streets.

9svt8'

Established Member
I bought some envoy lights on ebay and for some reason they aren't as big as everyone says. I'm positive I got the right year but maybe because they aren't OEM idk.. They are the same size as our stock ones. Here is a pick comparing the two, I might be able to find the seller if your intrested.
08C7A9AE-FF3B-4232-A9E5-FE46DD99AFB5-833-0000004FCFDC5DB8.jpg

Last edited:

ronlp

Established Member
Also, I'm in AZ as well. You should get that thing running! I'd love to see it running around on the streets.

Yeah, I picked a great time of year to start on it, huh?......92* today. :bash: It's also ironic that I'm ordering lights and not the fuel system that it really needs, lol.

But it's been sitting for 5 years, so the time to do something with it is definitely past due. Finding the time is the hard part....

Last edited:

iamtheshaner

IH84DZ
Established Member
Well I just ordered these from Ebay....now I'm concerned I'll get the smaller ones that 9svt8 got...

But in addition to having them fit better in the bumper, I want to get a 2500k bulb in them.

PIAA | H8 Plasma Ion Yellow Twin Pack Halogen Bulbs #18535

I believe the 893 harness will work with an H8 bulb... frankly I'm not afraid of wiring a new pigtail on if not.... but does anyone know if the H8 bulb will physically fit in these envoy housings (which I'm told use the same 893 bulb as OE)? They both are quarter-turn twist... just hoping someone has already attempted this...

CobraHuck

Established Member
Another option is a set of foxbody gt ultra clear fogs from CJPP. I did them on my old yellow fobra, don't have any of the pics of brackets or anything anymore but I know it was really easy to do and they looked awesome. I actually slid them in the fog light hole as far as they'd go and then did up the brackets, fit in there perfect and stayed put awesome

Daisylights_zpsd748b3d3.jpg

DaisycustomFoxfogs_zps28e0b805.jpg

Daisyyarddd.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread