Entertainment center Ideas

AlanSVT

Established Member
Just bought a house. Looking for some ideas for a entertainment center.

The tv will be mounted above the fire place. But I have no idea where to put the cable box. The wires for the cable box can be routed through the wall on the right side of the fireplace and ends up behind the tv.

The plate for the tv is behind the picture.

Thanks for any ideas you may have.

366280g.jpg

0002_1754772198_medium.jpg

FordGTGuy

Established Member
You could put shelving on the left side of the fire place maybe 2 or 3 shelves, wires could be put through the wall.

0002_1754772198_medium.jpg

Last edited:

AlanSVT

Established Member
Not to bad I like it. But I have the spray foam insulation through out the house not sure how that works. Now they do have a channel going to the back of the TV. But the opening is a tad below the shelfs you put.

FordGTGuy

Established Member
Not to bad I like it. But I have the spray foam insulation through out the house not sure how that works. Now they do have a channel going to the back of the TV. But the opening is a tad below the shelfs you put.

You could always plastic covers on the wall that stretch down and match the color with the wall paint. TV wires could be formed against the side of the fireplace down to the bottom.

I don't have much experience with electronics near fireplaces but I would suggest starting the fireplace up to full heat and see how much heat is going to make it to the electronics.

You could also go with a double TV stand also.

0002_1754772198_medium1.jpg

Last edited:

AlanSVT

Established Member
Is that a gas fireplace insert?

Yes. I freaking hate it. But love the house and the area.

I think I might try to do something like this. Depends on how much it its going to cost.

532310_481107688569479_291624193_n.jpg

Going to ask the builder that built the house what he thinks.

But please if anyone else has ideas please pass them along.

ff500

Established Member
I install a lot of surround sounds and home theater. Is the basement finished? What are all those jacks to the left and right of the fireplace? Is that a switch for the recessed eyeball and a switch for the gas fireplace to the right?

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
how much room is there b/w the wall and tv? at my parents house i mounted the cable box on the back of the tv. then ran an infrared sensor to the from of the tv for the remote

but newer tv's like my LED are much shallower and sit tight on the wall

so that not might be an option

Woody6799

Established Member
Yes. I freaking hate it. But love the house and the area.

I think I might try to do something like this. Depends on how much it its going to cost.

532310_481107688569479_291624193_n.jpg

Going to ask the builder that built the house what he thinks.

But please if anyone else has ideas please pass them along.

I was going to suggest this, only in my version it was going to be floor to ceiling shelves/cabinets. It is immensely popular and looks fantastic. Stick with white as well, keeps the room feeling bigger.

JasonSnake

Established Member
hmm... I would think that having a TV mounted that high would give you a neck cramp.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
how deep is the ledge on the mantle? you could center it on the mantle temporarily until you make sure you like your tv that high

AlanSVT

Established Member
I install a lot of surround sounds and home theater. Is the basement finished? What are all those jacks to the left and right of the fireplace? Is that a switch for the recessed eyeball and a switch for the gas fireplace to the right?

Power outlet, Cable Outlet, and then the last one is the plate that covers the tube that goes behind the tv.

Light switch and switch for the gas fireplace on the right

AlanSVT

Established Member
TV is really not that high. In my current house we have the TV mounted above the fire place. No issues. But its set up a tad different then this house.

ff500

Established Member
You're all set if there's a sleeve there. They do make tilt brackets, you can tilt the tv down for better veiwing, I did notice what looks like a breakfast bar, I wouldn't go with anything smaller than a 50", its a good size room plus the kitchen area. I'll see if I can find a photo of a small entertainment console we used at our old house.

tistan

Established Member
Put the cable box in a closet or attic and use and infrared radio transmitter to send the signal from our remote to the cable box.

ff500

Established Member
I couldn't find a decent photo. If it were my home I would consider putting an armoir type cabinet to the left of fireplace and a nice chair with an ottaman and a side table to the right of fireplace, then you would have your sofa and coffee table in front of fireplace. The armoir could serve a few functions, storing all your electronics and also storing other items.

Users who are viewing this thread