Entertaining offers for my Zinc Yellow '03 in FL with 4,250 miles

HomeboyNorm

Established Member
Hello potential buyers,

I have a Zinc Yellow 2003 Cobra that is in excellent condition inside, outside, and underneath with about 4,250 miles on the odometer. I am the original owner, and I bought it new and untitled in February of the year 2004 as a left over. I do not want to sell it considering it is my baby, however I may need to. I may be interested in taking an offer for it if it is right. (Please, no low ballers or tire kickers. On the line, and not a must sell. Thank you.)

The Cobra has the factory chrome wheels option, and the car does have a spoiler as it did not have the spoiler-delete option. I have all the original paper work pertaining to the car not limited to but including the window sticker. The only thing I am missing is the SVT certificate but that should be obtainable through SVT.

This car has been babied and taken care of very well since new. It is garage kept, and it has never spent a night outside in my possession except for the time it was at the dealership lot waiting to be sold. I do not have pictures right now, but I can assure you that this car is new. It smells new, looks, and perform as brand new. I can take pictures immediately if you are interested and are serious about it. Let's make no mistake about it here - This car is a picturesque car for sure. Pictures or in-person showing can be available.

As for the modifications part of it, there are a few, but mostly cosmetics. I have the Borla Stinger stainless steel cat-back on it along with Steeda stainless steel cold air induction kit. I have the original parts too so I will be able to sell it as stock if so desired. The car has never seen a pulley and tune or anything else. I also have polished billet "Supercharged" door sills, billet door lock knobs, billet lighter delete cap, billet shortened antenna, polished billet "COBRA" rear letter inserts, "Powered by Ford" coil covers from Ford super car GT on the valve covers, front bumper lower valance/heat exchanger vent hole mesh grille (no debris damage on HE) and Cobra embossed front floor mats.

Please feel free to E-mail me at xxx and xxx if you are interested. We can talk more then. Thank you for your time and the possibility of an interest.

Some pictures (E-mail me for more if you like)

Last edited by a moderator:

Deanpug

Established Member
Hi Norman! You really should post a price you are looking to get as no one wants to "low ball" you with a price. We all want to buy at the lowest possible price but yet don't want to offend you. Can you please post a price you are hoping to get?
Respectfully, Dean

SHOLANDO

Established Member
I need to tell you guys a story about Norman. He bought a 1991 Taurus SHO from me several years ago. Part of the agreement was he would give me a Clutch Assembly along with cash. At the time I had several SHOs. He picked up the car, and promised to ship me the clutch assembly later that week. It NEVER showed up. He refused to answer any emails and it was impossible to 'speak' to him on the phone as he is deaf, and therefore unable to have a conversation without using the deaf phone service (they relay the message as Norman types it to them).

I am a VERY trusting person and obviously this caused me to be BURNT by him. Make sure you check everything before you agree to a deal with him!!

Rob

HomeboyNorm

Established Member
Here is my side of it on Sholando's story:

I know you know why you did not receive the clutch set, however I will refresh your mind again a little bit later on here. It is really nice of you to come on here hijacking my thread to call me out like that even though it is not going to shy me away. I have a been long time lurker on this board, so I signed up to offer a very nice Terminator to the community if there is a right buyer for it. I think there are not many near new and unmolested Terminators left out there like mine nowadays. You posted right after my post in one of the other threads because you did not like me posting in here. You sure did blind some readers there with your extremely oversized letters in that post of yours, although I noticed you have since resized it down. I will tell you that it is good for you that you have a nice '03 with less mileage for sale, but that does not mean mine is a lesser car than yours. Someone will definitely appreciate my well preserved Cobra for what it is just like how they would with your car if it is represented right. Thank you.

Anyway, first of all, you did not sell me a 1991 Taurus SHO at all. I think and believe that one went to this unfortunate guy in California instead. It was a white 1991 Taurus SHO "Plus" which I saw at your house, and this particular SHO became known nationally with an infamous name the guy dubbed it with. "The Plus from Hell". We all felt bad for him with this misrepresented car you sold him which caused him a great deal of trouble on his voyage back to California. I think that was back in the year of 2002 at around the same time I dealt with you, and he had to spend over a week and half trying to get back to home across the country. He lost $5,000 of his hard earned money out of his pockets in order to get himself and the broken car home which almost was equal to or exceeded the sale amount of that car. You don't say a car can make it to California if you don't know yourself for 100% sure!

Secondly, it was a rust bucket parts car 1990 Taurus SHO that you sold to me for mostly cash. The vast majority of deal was paid for with cash, and not the clutch set. It was nearly not driveable with its problems. You told me over e-mails that it did have a good transaxle but a bad clutch pressure plate and throw out bearing when I inquired about its transaxle. The problem was not limited to that, but also an endless list of other issues. I took your word for it about the transaxle thinking you were trustworthy since I was also a trusting person at that time. I made the 4 hours long trek up to your place, and I remember it was at night time as we couldn't meet during the day time. I asked for a test drive, and you balked at it. It took some convicing to take it down the street which I did. It grinded in two gears during the drive, so I asked you about the transaxle again when I came back from the drive. I needed the car for its transaxle for my newer 1993 Taurus SHO at home, and not a third SHO for me at the time. You reassured me it was the clutch set for sure, so then I went ahead and bought the car. What a mistake that was!

Now, I know you know about this part, however I am more than happy to refresh your mind again here. I found out the very next day that it was NOT the clutch set which was broken on this car per you. I jacked it up to inspect it further prior to removing it, and guess what I found? That, I know you know about, but I will repeat. I found a rendered useless transaxle with a huge piece of metal missing from its case. I could see the gears right through that broken case. It had a blown differential which threw out some pins through the case. I knew immediately it was why the car grinded on the test drive I had up in your neighborhood the night before. I was very upset, because I felt you misrepresented the car to me which you did. You DO NOT tell the buyers (it was me in this case) it is the pressure plate that is broken if you do not know the exact problem yourself! That is plainly misrepresentation on your part. You ASSUMED it was the pressure plate and so you adveristed the car with a working transaxle on a bad clutch. That had me out of $775 or $800 cash whatever it was that I paid you for a car that was supposed to have a working transaxle which I needed. My trust in you, and this experience caused me to be BURNT by you first.

Ultimately, I decided that you were not going to get the clutch set yourself, so therefore you are feeling before and now as if you got burnt by me. You already made away with 90% if not 100% of the car value with my CASH! You deserved my decision, and to feel the way you do now. I felt you took advantage of my deafness with myself not being able to hear that grenaded transaxle. I communicate perfectly fine with people by emails including our email communications before. English is not my primary language, but I read and write well enough to understand and be understood. The internet is how I ran across that car of yours you sold me. My deafness had nothing to do with you not being able to have a conversation with me because we conversed. I told you what happened, and that was it. I was done with you after that. I feel you needed that worthless car out of your driveway, so you LIED to me with your mentality of doing whatever it took to get it out of there. You had to have it gone, and you were willing to do whatever it took to get it gone. That's two people you misrepresented when you sold SHOs through the SHO forums, and I also see one negative feedback on your Ebay account for "Item misrepresentation" as well. All were in the year of around 2002. I think you have learned your lessons and got your selling acts together since then. You may have built a reputation here which is good for you, however I would like to build mine as well. If you come hijacking on my threads, then maybe I should return the favor on your threads? No, I will not lower my level to the point where I go hijacking others' threads to call them out. You knew how to reach me at my e-mail address which is same from then all the way to today, however you did not after all these years after the initial conversations. Personally, I feel you came on here to try and get back at me. It is okay because any one who is going to pay $20-$30k for anything should be smart enough to check everything first anyway prior to the purchase, during the purchase, and after the purchase/delivery as well for satisifaction! That was a great advice for any body. I have absolutely nothing to hide on regarding to my Cobra including its representation, so make no mistake about it, we all will see when it gets sold to the right buyer if there is one.

Norm

SHOLANDO

Established Member
I'm NOT even going to waste my time with your foolishness!! I'll let what others have documented saying about me (this includes 4 car's I've sold, and 5 cars I've purchased on ebay):

http://feedback.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=sho-lando

Feedback Score: 534
Positive Feedback: 99.8%

Members who left a positive: 535
Members who left a negative: 1

All positive feedback received: 604
<== 604 Positives received!!!!

HomeboyNorm

Established Member
Sholando

Rant on:

I do not care about what your positive feedback score is like since it is irrelevant to my factual statement that I posted in my response to your post from before. Your only negative Ebay feedback was used only as a supporting fact that you did misrepresent something before to at least some one out there. The few unfortunate ones from around that time frame including myself got shafted. Even a ten thousand positive feedback count does not change the facts found in my factual statement. What happened back then did happen, and that is the end of it. You had to threaten me before with coming to my house if I remember it correctly. Actually, you were welcome to follow through on it because I wanted you to show me and others your face after your reassurance of how it was the clutch. You never showed up. I simply knew you knew about the wrongful statement said before the sale. Since you said after a name calling remark in a private message on here to me about how you had this duty to do for the people, I guess I am obligated now to do my part about you as well. Just it sure does seem childish to me.

Rant off:

HomeboyNorm

Established Member
To the rest of people about my Cobra,

The chance is I will take $30k for it however any other offers with some different numbers around near there are welcome too from any interested parties for my consideration. I will let you know if I will accept it and proceed with you or not. I am fully aware of the car's actual blue book value, market value, and what kind of a price range I have priced her out at. I know it is a premium price, but that is for a true premium example of an '03.

This car really does have the new car leather smell to it, and the leather is as new as possible with no wear anywhere at all. It does most definitely run, ride, and drive as it should. That is very near new, smooth, and powerful! It is near new on the exterior too, but it is not "absolutely perfect with zero flaws" there. I am almost discriminating myself here because not all will see for sure. I think 75% or better of the population won't even notice going by my experience of signing off on new car deliveries every day. Only the very meticulous ones will see unless I am honest. It does have 4 small scratches here and there. The question is how do you define small? When I say small, they are pretty much almost not there hence not easily seen unless you know they are there, and some will probably even disappear if I wetsand and buff out the areas.

Just, please do not tell me I am ripping some one off if I get more than $28k for it like some body just told me recently. "You are ripping somebody off if you're getting $29k for it!". The car was not seen yet beforehand so I guess it was not yet fully understood why I set it at where it is. I can keep it at a certain price if I elect to. You all know how seducing this type of a car is, so it is definitely loved by me. I have no problem with keeping her right here inside her home sweet home if need to be. We can not help it but to love the exhiliration of sheer power. Also, we know there is raw potential for much more than in stock form with the tunes, pullies, and so on!

I am not asking for any disagreements about pricing it up high at where it is, because it is my car. I do not have to sell it because I am not being forced to. Also, I do not have to offer it to the community at all, but I thought some one out there will respect a fine Cobra and its according price. I am starting to doubt myself on that part here. A local newspaper advertisement will work if need to be to see what buyers are out there locally. I know I've seen Cobras with 10 times the mileage go for near that at dealers around here.

Norman

HomeboyNorm

Established Member
"Meticulous"

I have worked on this expensive car collection before whose the owner is a famous former WWF wrestler by the name of Hulk Hogan. It consists of many expensive cars ranging from a Suburban all the way up to a Rolls Royce Phatnom. He has a few of each in between; Mercedes Benzs, Vipers, Supras (SICK), classic Charger, Choppers, et cetera. Then there are the Donzi's, jet skis, etc. For who he is, you have to be meticulous, or you are not cut for it. You know? It was cool going to his mansion to pick his cars up, and to deliver them back later. Also, Does a middleweight professional boxer by the name of Jeff Lacy strike any bells too? Well, that's meticulous again with no less expected. I thought I would share about that because that is how I am with my Cobra. Meticulous. I can post pictures if and when I find them...

Users who are viewing this thread