Enough speculation.. The track tonight and to the Dyno tomorrow...

verbs

Banned
Hmmmm....good texas air (albeit hot), I'm gonna say if you are bone stock on stock tires, 12.9@110 mph.

Dyno??? 367rwhp. Make sure you let the car cool down A LOT before hopping on the dyno.

Good Luck!!!:burnout:

TLush

Established Member
Good luck man!
:burnout:
:burnout:
I've been wanting to SC my 98. But the 03 is starting to give me
a woody.

kino

Established Member
GT03, I believe MM&FF got their best runs by leaving the line at 4000 rpms. I'll have to chekc but I could've sworn thats what they did.

46stang

Established Member
well it's a starting point! Once you get some more seat time I'm sure your et's will plummit! yea that 2.48 60ft is, well pretty crappy:( did you try it with the traction control off or on or both? with a 2.0 60ft you looking at a 12 sec. et easily. good luck and keep us posted!
Leon

silvercoffin

Established Member
hmmmm

THERE"S NO WAY you can possibly launch a stock 03 cobra at 4000rpms! I havent raced mine yet, but I would even try it. You will sit and spin and get a 2.40 60 foot time.

Nittos will help but Im going to wait and see what I can do stock first. Can you get 17X9 NIttos 555Rs?

I think the best I ever did with street tires in my 01gt vert was 2.10 and with NIttos 1.90 and it ran a 13.7 with exhaust and some simple mods. I sure hope I can do way better with this car. If I cant then I will be modding it sooner than expected!

Black Cobra

Established Member
I think the Viper Forum guy that did 12.3 seconds with a race weight of 3550 lbs minus driver, launched his '03 at 2500rpms.

My guess is that you will have to slip the clutch some to get the best 60 foot time.

MackCaddy

Established Member
Yeah, running 12's in your car should be common place once you nail your launches right! Good luck! :D

Sonic03

Alaskan Assasin
Established Member
Re: hmmmm

Originally posted by silvercoffin

Nittos will help but Im going to wait and see what I can do stock first. Can you get 17X9 NIttos 555Rs?

The '03 takes the same size NITTO 555R as the Camaro, the have the size for sure, about $170 each the last time I checked online.

[sky]03cobra

Established Member
Hey Gt... I live in ARlington.. been out to ennis on my gsxr-1000 and checked it out.. how much they charge for the runs??
:shrug:

Also, Plz keep me posted on the jdm chip situation.. curious how it will turn out by not actually taking it to them ..thx
cheers
:beer:

a94cobra

Established Member
4000 rpm is way to much. I just spun in first gear. 2500 is getting about right. Much better launch at that rpm. And I experienced no wheel hop.

Mowgli

Established Member
Let me get this right - you're just dropping it at 2500rpm and getting no slip? God - nice tires. Bogging I can believe.

Please elaborate.

verbs

Banned
Originally posted by Black Cobra
I think the Viper Forum guy that did 12.3 seconds with a race weight of 3550 lbs minus driver, launched his '03 at 2500rpms.

My guess is that you will have to slip the clutch some to get the best 60 foot time.
He didn't run a 12.3 1/4 mile.......no one was there to see it, and no one has come within 1/2 a second of his time with their bone stock Cobra yet.......

Please don't believe that Cobras will run this time stock.

verbs

Banned
Originally posted by GTto03
Verbs,

Here is food for thought......

I ran a 13.4 with with a 2.46 60' If 1 tenth in the 60' equals 2 tenths in the 1/4 then a 2.0 60' would be result in a 12.6 or so.. (the best we will see stock I think)

Still not to shabby for a show room car!
Not too shabby at all......still....the guy that supposedly ran 12.3 also trapped 118mph!!! 10mph more than you. Bad 60ft or not, an extra 10mph is out of line. It's not like this happened in cold winter air either...it happened in summer!!!

You can't always say .1 60ft reduction= .2 in the 1/4 mile. Doesn't always work like that.....especially for cars that fall on their face on the top end....i.e. a WRX, LT1 Camaro, etc.....

Regardless, get some drag radials or slicks and you can easily hit mid-hi 12's in your car now, and maybe better come winter.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread