Enough is Enough with#8

Lone Star

Established Member
There has been so much talk about the #8 cylinder taking a dump on the '11+ 5.0's its made every major site for mustangs go into a frenzy. There may have been an issue with a few TUNED vehicles, which is why Ford put out the TSB regarding checking for a molested OBDII.

Ford should not be responsible to cover under warranty a modded car! I think that if you take a risk on modding a brand new car then when something goes wrong you have to suffer the consequences, and not try to get it covered under the Ford Factory warranty, or blame Ford for making a weak product!

Who really knows besides the people who had this #8 issue if it were due to the tune or due to their own negligence! I believe that every company that provides tunes warns against using octanes less then what particular tune you are running and some recommend running a higher octane before switching tunes to be sure that the octane level is appropriate for the selected tune.

This is not saying that the tune is bad its saying that if you run a lower octane bad things can/will happen! Who's not to say that of the people (handful until they chime in and make it fact) who have suffered the dreaded #8 FAIL, weren't at fault themselves?

The easiest thing in the world is to blame someone else, perhaps these people decided to run a 93 race tune on 89 octane because the gas prices were too high and they decided to be cheap and say FU#K it! Is it possible that some tunes were too aggressive? Sure, but I think its more likely user error, and the possibility of altering the safer loaded by a professional tune, to an altered by user with options to change Global spark, air/fuel mixtures without knowing what they were doing!

So who do they blame? The company that made the tunes, or even try to pull the wool over Ford's eyes and try to turn it in as a warranty issue. Why erase posts from forums? What do you have to hide? Are you trying to commit fraud? Or are you a Camaro owner that is pissed off, that Ford makes a smaller engine that out performs your bigger more powerful engine and trying to troll your way into history, making potential Mustang owners turn to Chevy?

I say PUT UP OR SHUT UP! Your claims with ford have been denied! So feel free to post here and tell the world with pictures/statements on how it happened! OR ARE YOU SCARED/LYING? Sorry in advance this is not separated into paragraphs! Was written on my Blackberry! James

Last edited:

WHITEMACH

Established Member
been pounding the puke out of mine with a UPR tune,boss intake, xpipe, 4.30s,steeda cold air for 8000 miles!!!!:burnout:

Last edited:

Swoope

Established Member
good job!

my favorite post in all this mess comes from a tuner that to me kinda sums it up..

I have not seen any NA or blown cars with an issue.

I think the problems are caused by NA tunes that are way too aggressive. We've seen tuners over the last year claim gains from here to the moon in an effort to win some kind of HP race..

Justin Starkey [email protected] VMP Tuning

2011 Mustang GT 5.0L A6 with Roush Supercharger 9.79 @ 140 stock engine & trans
VMP Tune, 12psi/69MM pulley, airbox, 3.55s, 275 Radials, BBK LTs
2007 Shelby GT500 2.3L VMP TVS 816RWHP
VMP Tune, 2.5" Upper, VMP 72MM TB & Big Inlet, IW 10% OD balancer, 80s, Dynatech 1 7/8" LTs

2011 5.0L Roush 2.3L TVS SC Kits in stock starting at $5899

beers

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Well put thread lone star:beer: and i have been driving my 2011 hard since i bought it and so far the car has yet to disappoint me in any way.

Last edited:

wbt

Banned
Here is what a glass motor and shitty mt-82 trans has done for me:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWRwi-yaZFw"]‪2011 Mustang GT 11.63@118‬‏ - YouTube[/nomedia]

"Beatin' the piss out of number 8 and pounding the MT-82 since day one." :rockon:

Swoope

Established Member
came to me. guns dont kill people, bad people with guns kill people.

tunes dont kill engines, bad tunes installed by people kill engines.

or bad people put bad gas in good tunes and kill engines.

beers

scott_0

Established Member
bad people put bad gas in good tunes and kill engines.
I believe this to the issue here. and I agree with the OP Im just so damn tired of hearing bout this #8 issue........or non issue

snakecharmer

Established Member
All this whole controversy has done is demonstrate a lesson I learned over the last 14 years: modified cars are nothing but one huge headache after another. Been there done that, regret ever mod, will never do it again. Mods ruin an otherwise great car.

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
modified cars are nothing but one huge headache after another.

Yeah I wish I'd never put the neons or stickers on, mostly because I didn't align the stickers and they are all off center, not level and look like shit.

OP paragraphs are our friends!

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
All this whole controversy has done is demonstrate a lesson I learned over the last 14 years: modified cars are nothing but one huge headache after another. Been there done that, regret ever mod, will never do it again. Mods ruin an otherwise great car.

I think once you step outside the basics you are right. I tend to do suspension mods, CAI and Gears and that's it. not real interest in doing much beyond that for the very reason you state.

H-TownMachI

It's the Hamburglar
Established Member
I for one think that it is very important to spread panic and fear. Keep those #8 catastrophies coming.

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
I just renamed my cylinders, so instead of #1 through #8, i now have #0 through #7, and havent had any issues at all

grnenvy

Established Member
I have had a TVS on my car pumping out 9psi for 5-6 months. I drive the car everyday and it's hot here in Florida. There's no issues with these motors. If my motor lets go I'll just put a new one in it. These new motors are AWESOME!

kevinp

Established Member
The whole #8 thing is just a conspiracy started by 3V owners to keep 2010 and down GTs value higher ;)

Users who are viewing this thread