Enough fuel for dry nitrous?

chicken714

NKAWTG
Established Member
I have searched on multiple forums, and the net and am not finding any good answers. I have a Zex dry kit that I am hoping to run a 125 shot on. I am wondering if my stock fuel system is up to this task, ie the fuel pump and injectors. I was told with a tune, which I plan on getting, I could run a 125, is this a fabrication? The sites I did find with some information do not make any claims on how a 02 GT will handle a 125 shot with a dry kit.

I feel I am vested in this kit, since I have pretty much everything for it now, and got it for such a good price. Plus after having it in my garage for roughly a year, I am itching to get it on before my son comes (bye bye mod money). Thank you.

spike_africa

Established Member
with a wet kit yes you could. with that dry kit its a must for bigger injectors and pump. The stock injectors wont support that. Sell it and get a wet kit would be my advise. I run a 125 shot from compucar for the last 3 years untuned with fuel pump upgrade, and plugs.

sancho96

Established Member
with a wet kit yes you could. with that dry kit its a must for bigger injectors and pump. The stock injectors wont support that. Sell it and get a wet kit would be my advise. I run a 125 shot from compucar for the last 3 years untuned with fuel pump upgrade, and plugs.

+1

wet is way better.
plus i dont trust dry. you just kinda shoot it in there and then its a gamble. will it compensate? pfft i dunno you better hope.

chicken714

NKAWTG
Established Member
Thanks, but I must disagree with you on the "will it compensate?" comment. If you bolt on a supercharger that is adding air also and you are expecting the injectors to add it and no one worries about that. You don't see "wet" supercharger kits. If the MAF sensor reads more air, and my tune is set to add more fuel, it will considering that the fuel pump and injectors are up to snuff, which apparently they aren't.

Users who are viewing this thread