Enlisted!!!

Shiper

Really Cool Guy
Established Member
?
Yeah, good deal :beer: ao i take it you are not doing OSUT, jsut going to leonard wood for Basic then to Sam Houston for AIT? i was OSUT for Engineer school as is MP and Chemical.

Ya, just there for basic then San Antonio for AIT.

I was told that since I'll be at basic over Christmas that they send us home for the holidays, but that sounds strange to me to stop basic and restart it. Anybody else do this?

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
Ya, just there for basic then San Antonio for AIT.

I was told that since I'll be at basic over Christmas that they send us home for the holidays, but that sounds strange to me to stop basic and restart it. Anybody else do this?

Thats true, i think they call it exodus or some shit, i think the way it works is you will get leave for the holidays advanced so you will be in the hole. you will immediately PCS to your duty station after basic/ait as you are in the hole for leave instead of usually getting the standard 10 days or whatever if you dont get the break.

Last edited:

THE_STIG

Established Member
2 Things:

1)Don't be a smartass in basic, whatever joke you have to say, they don't think its funny.
2)Don't spend your entire signing bonus, save it and use it for the future.

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
You guys think I'll catch any extra shit being that I'm 27 and going in as E-4?

Nah, my advice to you is when you get to your unit is to listen to the guys who have been in for a while. You will be outranking some guys who have been in almost 2 years and dont be to cocky. Being a Spec is sweet, you get more responsibility and a little more respect from your COC as long as you arent a bum, plus its a good first taste at leadership if your in a low strength unit.

Sapperstang

Established Member
You guys think I'll catch any extra shit being that I'm 27 and going in as E-4?

Just don't think of yourself as "above" anyone because really you are just as new as they are. However, you may be tasked with a leadership position. They of course will expect you to be more mature.

Shiper

Really Cool Guy
Established Member
I would hope I'm more mature than the 18 year olds, and I'm a pretty mild mannered guy. So hopefully it'll be all good :beer:

Getting excited to go, bout a month away.

Users who are viewing this thread