enkei rpf1's

Fast99Snake

IRS'd GT
Established Member
I have a few questions about the enkei rpf1 wheel.
one, I'm having trouble finding any info about backspacing, etc with these wheels, will they clear cobra r brembos? does anyone run these even?
They seem like a steal for such a strong lightweight wheel at under 300 a wheel on tire rack?
also, they only list the 17x9 for the fronts on mustangs, and 17x10 option for the rear, would a 17x10 +18 offset stick too far out of the front fenders on a stang? Has anyone run any 17x10s on a new edge with mild lowering, an inch'ish from stock.

Thanks

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
I'm not familiar with those wheels, what is the weight? are you looking for 'a look' or purpose, ie open track/racing? if you want the look, thats one thing, but for the latter, you can get other light wheels for alot less money, like a steeda ultralight, or something from ford racing....you could go on tirerack and put in the specs for a 2000 cobra R to see if they show the same wheel....or call them and ask, they are pretty helpful on the phone....

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
I'm sure they will clear the Brembos.

the 17X10 +18 will fit in the rear. I run 18X10 +20 and there is 2mm extra space for sure.

I almost got the 17in RPF1s but could not find a reasonably priced street rear tire in 17 in,

Last edited:

Fast99Snake

IRS'd GT
Established Member
the rpf1's are the lightest wheels for the money that are durable enough for track use from what I've seen.
These will be a track wheel and I highly doubt I will run them on the street
the more I think about it the more I think they should clear no problem, I'll be ordering a set in a few weeks and let everyone know how they fit.
(tirerack only lists 18 inch wheels for a cobra r, which as we all know, 17s will fit no problem on an R, that was the first thing I checked)

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
the rpf1's are the lightest wheels for the money that are durable enough for track use from what I've seen.
These will be a track wheel and I highly doubt I will run them on the street
the more I think about it the more I think they should clear no problem, I'll be ordering a set in a few weeks and let everyone know how they fit.
(tirerack only lists 18 inch wheels for a cobra r, which as we all know, 17s will fit no problem on an R, that was the first thing I checked)

The wheels have no lip and lots of spoke clearance. EVOs and STis run them no problem.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
You could also look at the Enkei NT03+M. It is very lightweight and pretty cheap as well. Both of those wheels should have plenty of caliper clearance since they were made for road racing. There is a guy on this forum with a twin turbo GT that does on-track racing and has these wheels. He's got R brakes in the front with 17" wheels, but put 18's out back to get more traction.

Users who are viewing this thread