Enigine light no code?

NATEUSMCSVT

MAN THAT BLOWS
Established Member
I just got the code cleared. I took off all the vacuum lines and put them back on and in cleared a bank one and bank two lean code. I drove it for a few days and now the light is back on but there's no code. I disconnected the neg. bat. cable and the light came right back on. What's going oh here?

Also is there any way i can get a brand new set of vacuum lines? I always have a problem with them!!!!!

pitstain

I love appetizer samplers
Established Member
There has to be a code of some sort if the check engine light is on, I would check for the codes again.

And if you take a picture of the vaccum lines and give some sort of description it will be easier to figure out exactly which ones you need.

NATEUSMCSVT

MAN THAT BLOWS
Established Member
i want to replace every one of them. Im tired of have to take them off and put them back on. i just want to replace them and be done with them. Im not the smartest guy but im pretty sure its not good to drive around with a vacuum leack right? Doesnt that cause the engine to run lean? I used a auto zone code reader and a guys programer and there were no codes.

pitstain

Established Member
You are correct that Vacuum leaks are very bad, and they will make the engine run lean.

To find the leak try this.

(clipped from google, use at own risk)

A faster technique for finding intake manifold vacuum leaks is to get a bottle of propane and attach a length of rubber hose to the gas valve. Open the valve so you have a steady flow of gas. Then hold the hose near suspected leak points while the engine is idling. If there is a leak, propane will be siphoned in through the leak. The resulting "correction" in the engine's air/fuel ratio should cause a noticeable change in idle speed and/or smoothness (Note: on engines with computerized idle speed control, disconnect the idle speed control motor first).

Aerosol carburetor cleaner can also be used the same way. CAUTION: Solvent is extremely flammable, so do not smoke or use it if there are any sparks in the vicinity (arcing plug wires, for example). Spray the solvent on suspected leak points while the engine is idling. If there is a leak, the solvent will be drawn into the engine and have the same effect as the propane. The idle speed will suddenly change and smooth out.

NATEUSMCSVT

MAN THAT BLOWS
Established Member
thanks for your help man i believe you've helped me out a few times before. As for the code? Everyone i ask says they never heard of that before.

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
are all three hoses connected to the underside of the intake elbow? Bank 1 and 2 are fairly common occurances it seems. Seen them more times than not.

Unmetered air is a usual suspect, ie lower intake manifold rubber elbow split, vac lines off somewhere post maf.

Crappy 02 sensors or tunes can cause it to.

The main vacuum harness is sold as a complete unit from ford.

NATEUSMCSVT

MAN THAT BLOWS
Established Member
okay if i stand in front of the truck and clime into the engine bay it sounds like something is sucking air about 8 to 10 inches behind the oil seperator. If you have a cell number i could send you a pic. Also, i dont know of any vacuum lines back there and everything is snug under the air inlet boot.

BDAZSVT

Established Member
Sounds like you need to check and replace the vac line at the back of the intake.Its behind and under the blower.

pitstain

Established Member
it could also be the DPFE sensor, it is connected to the EGR tube with two small rubber hoses, if it is malfunctioning it can throw bank one and two lean codes as well.

Users who are viewing this thread