Engine upgrade: planning phase with Cams question

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Very nice, Robert. What’s the price on those rollers? It’s been quite a while since I looked at them, but I do recall being shocked.
Well.... they arent cheap at all
Jessel Roller folowers DOHC (QTY 32) [400021B] - $3,699.99 : Modular Motorsports, Home of the Worlds Fastest Modular Engines

These appear to be, no bullshit, the best roller rockers you can buy for a Mod Motor. @Robert M I dont think there is anyone here that would boo hoo you about spending your money on what you want. I doubt you would ever, EVER have to worry about your valvetrain with these installed.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Very nice, Robert. What’s the price on those rollers? It’s been quite a while since I looked at them, but I do recall being shocked.

$1800 for set of 16.

The only reason I decided to get rollers pulled together for my car is because I came across a Lightning owner who had purchased a set for his 5.4 SOHC and never got around to installing them and had sold the truck. I got his new set of 16 for $1100. <<That started me down the full roller path........I had to pay the full amount for the second set of 16, no lucky price finds for them.

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Well.... they arent cheap at all
Jessel Roller folowers DOHC (QTY 32) [400021B] - $3,699.99 : Modular Motorsports, Home of the Worlds Fastest Modular Engines

These appear to be, no bullshit, the best roller rockers you can buy for a Mod Motor. @Robert M I dont think there is anyone here that would boo hoo you about spending your money on what you want. I doubt you would ever, EVER have to worry about your valvetrain with these installed.

The sad thing is......No one else offers full rollers for the Modular Ford, or at least no one I have found.......and I searched.

It is definitely a butt pucker when you see the price!

They say "20-40HP gain"? Maybe? I just like rolling better than sliding in a valve train.

A couple of years ago a couple of sets came up on eBay, used, dyno time, they sold for $2000. If I was going to do these rollers, I chose to go new and not experienced on a dyno.

R

Last edited:

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
The sad thing is......No one else offers full rollers for the Modular Ford, or at least no one I have found.......and I searched.

It is definitely a butt pucker when you see the price!

They say "20-40HP gain"? Maybe? I just like rolling better than sliding in a valve train.

A couple of years ago a couple of sets came up on eBay, used, dyno time, they sold for $2000. If I was going to do these rollers, I chose to go new and not experienced on a dyno.

R
Oh you know those rocker arms were run hard. Im sure they were fine, but we all know engines arent run easy on the dyno lol. Definitely want a new set when it comes to internal engine parts.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Sounds like a great mod list, have you maybe considered a Gen3 VMP TVS, Lund Sr made 1,100 HP on his personal 14 GT500. With a built engine, Gen3 TVS and E85.

Users who are viewing this thread