Engine turns off while driving

demas

Established Member
Hey guys,
I need your help asap.
I have an issue that started since I installed my LT a few days ago.
When I drive at about 15 mps in second gear and stomp the brake till full stop, the engine turns off.
I am working with my tuner and he is doing amazing efforts (can't even thank him!) to help me with remote tune revisions. However, I'm afraid it's not a tune issue but something mechanical.
Please see me setup below and let me know if you have any idea where to start look for this issue.
I'm using 93 octane

2014 GT A6-3.15
Mods:
VMP Gen 2: 79mm, ID1000s, VMP 67mm TwinJet TB, VMP BAP, Reische Performance 170 Thermostat.
AEM Water/Methanol Injection
ARH LT Headers with Catted H-pipe, Borla S-Type GT500 Catback (Resonators delete)

Thanks

Last edited:

basspro302

Established Member
Describe what happens in detail. The engine stalls out? Do you loose dash lights? Does the car restart right away? Can you keep your foot on the gas to keep it from stalling?

demas

Established Member
Describe what happens in detail. The engine stalls out? Do you loose dash lights? Does the car restart right away? Can you keep your foot on the gas to keep it from stalling?

Engine stalls and then turns off. I see the dashboard and I need to change to P again in order to switch it back on.
When is press on the gas it does prevent it but I can't do when I need to stop let's say in the light or even a traffic

demas

Established Member
Sounds like a throttle body or a tune issue. What has your tuner said?

I'm waiting to another response but he has already made some changes and it didn't help. I hope it's only a tune issue and nothing mechanical.
Can it be something related to anything related to the LT installation?
Maybe the fuel? BAP?

basspro302

Established Member
Sounds like it's in the tune. I would wait for few revisions on the tune it's probably going to take a few to get it dialed in.

demas

Established Member
Sounds like it's in the tune. I would wait for few revisions on the tune it's probably going to take a few to get it dialed in.

What parameters should worked on in the tune in this kind of issue in your opinion?

Zemedici

Established Member
Few possible explanations, but the person to answer correctly is your tuner. Ken is a great tuner, and rest assured he WILL get you dialed in.

basspro302

Established Member
Honestly I have no idea, I haven't ever tuned a coyote. I do drivability diagnostics for a living so i don't ever have to delve inside pcm programing. I'm sure he can get you dialed in.

demas

Established Member
Few possible explanations, but the person to answer correctly is your tuner. Ken is a great tuner, and rest assured he WILL get you to dialed in.

That's for sure. He is the best and I really appreciate his work. I just thought it might be something not related to the tune

Users who are viewing this thread