Engine trouble, need help

Shiper

Really Cool Guy
Established Member
Took my Mach to my buddy's shop to put new springs on last week. Car drove fine for the 45 min trip up there. Got the springs on, really happy with the look.

We ran to the gas station on a test run, just to make sure everything was cool. Engine had a weird vibrating sound, like a heat shield was rattling maybe, but only at a certain RPM. Didn't think twice about it, just something we noticed.

Got in to drive her home, made it about 5 miles down the road when I noticed the heater was blowing ice cold. Drive another 5 miles or so on the highway when the aforementioned rattle came back very loudly with any pressure on the gas. Within 30 seconds, the car had died and was acting like the battery was dying, interior lights dim, etc. Got out to look under the hood, car had dumped coolant like it had over heated but my gauges never showed anything other than normal. Let it sit awhile, tried to start it again but it was acting like the battery was about dead. Ended up towing it back to the shop.

My buddy got it started again yesterday, drove it down the road with no issues after charging the battery. We were thinking maybe the water pump took a shit, possibly the alternator. But we are kind of at a loss. Car is an 03, about 95k miles, no mods as far as I can tell. I just bought it in November and haven't even driven 1k miles in it.

Any thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread