Engine ticking when using track key ??

BOSS1651

Established Member
I know there is already another tread on this subject as I've posted a response there. However, in reading the thread no one has said wether or not they also hear the ticking sound when using their activated track key. As I haven't activated mine yet I have no way of checking to see if the ticking sound is still there. Maybe those of you who have a active track key and have heard their engines ticking can tell me if the ticking sound happens with both keys, or "tunes" as it were ??

86Fbody

Established Member
Might make sense if the issue has something to do with timing that the trackey would cause the issue or exasperate it.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Might make sense if the issue has something to do with timing that the trackey would cause the issue or exasperate it.
*exacerbate it.

is it possible that you need a higher octane gas with the track key?

Konaboss302

Funtime!!!
Established Member
Pretty sure the Trackey is supposed to be safe for pump 91, hopefully no one is running less than that in a Boss...

Sniper342

Established Member
I've heard it with the regular key, I'll have to test with the trackey and see if there's any difference.

86Fbody

Established Member
Exacerbate, thats what I meant to spell. I had thought Ford suggested 93 octane however the instructions just say 91.

Users who are viewing this thread