ENGINE TICK

Black04Lightning

I ATE YOUR HEMI FOR LUNCH
Established Member
East Bay Area - Pleasant Hill - California
RIGHT AT 600 miles i got this Ticking noise from my Drivers side cylinder head , when the engine is good and hot like you just got off the freeway , i changed the engine oil from 5w-20 to 5w-30 Mobile One Synthetic
the tick noise , was less or gone for a few days ,, Now its back same noise drivers side cylinder head at 682 miles ,
Are there any recalls on this ??? , PLEASE LET ME KNOW ,, Thank You:shrug:

03DOHC

Established Member
PM me your complete VIN and I'll have an OASIS run on it. You can also have the dealer run it. Where in the Bay Area are you?

ZincDude

Blah
Established Member
Originally posted by SonicBlue03GT
RIGHT AT 600 miles i got this Ticking noise from my Drivers side cylinder head , when the engine is good and hot like you just got off the freeway , i changed the engine oil from 5w-20 to 5w-30 Mobile One Synthetic
the tick noise , was less or gone for a few days ,, Now its back same noise drivers side cylinder head at 682 miles ,
Are there any recalls on this ??? , PLEASE LET ME KNOW ,, Thank You:shrug:
Just curious what is the build date of your car?

Black04Lightning

I ATE YOUR HEMI FOR LUNCH
Established Member
East Bay Area - Pleasant Hill - California
well i had the 03 Mach 1 at Hayward Ford for the engine Tick ,
they couldnt find a thing wrong with it ,,, :??:
sounds kinda fishy and now there is no tick i even watched the mechanic check it out , he didnt do anything i could see i even went for a test drive with the mechanic ,,,:shrug:
Begining to thing my mach`s posessed
and im told by their service manager if they do find any noise they will replace the whole cylinder head not just repair the head thats on it now ,,,:??: ,,,and if i the engine blows up we replace it no questions asked , with the full coverage warranty i have, sounds like a drag racers dream come true,, heh
wonder if the seat squeaks can i get new cobra aniversary seats ,,,, laffin ,, whats gonna break next ???????:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread