Engine tick update

DaveSVT03

Established Member
Just a quick note to share what my dealer told me today.

Dealer acknowledged the noise as not normal and said that SVT informed them that they are working on a fix. Unofficially, it may be a new cylinder head for the drivers side of the block.

KNGOBRA

Banned
NIIIICE....that's all I need is some mechanic tearing halfway into my motor, it'll probably fix the "tick" but who knows what other problems will arise after being TORN into and put back together. I'll probably haft to be there thru the whole thing to make sure no parts are left over!!

:bash:

lethal

Established Member
So, given this information, are we able to conclude all engines have this problem? I mean, what if someone has the tick, but doesnt realize it and the engine does go bad down the road. Seems to me that if anything happens to the drivers side of the engine, Ford would have to fix it as a recall/replacement.

I hope Ford can figure out exactly which engines were effected --- or else it is going to be one massive recall. Ouch.

forane2001

Established Member
engine tick

my tick was fixed by retouqing the cam caps on the driver side bank. my mechanic told me that he turned the bolts at least 1/4 turn past where they were originally. he is certain that the problem was with the 2 headed torque machine that they used. anyway no problems now. 4000 miles on the clock. i dont want them to screw with my head!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread