Engine Swap...?

CVR98GT

Audiophile Poster
Established Member
Has anyone ever come across a 302 swapped into a mod motor car? Is it possible, or even worth it? I am just looking at options to a PI swap, or a 99+ motor into the car.

Thanks Guys

240_Bullitt

Ford Tech
Established Member
id do the headswap before i did a complete engine swap...if u do a complete engine swap and put a 99+ ecu in the car wont start without swaping pats related components...id just do heads rather than a 5.0 swap

CVR98GT

Audiophile Poster
Established Member
fastball19 said:
yes it is possible..why would you wanna that?

Availability of performance parts, and ease of upgrades. Also Stock Forged internals.

The reason I just don't want to do a PI headswap is the increased compression ratio. I dont want to have to buy a rotating assembly as well, just so I can charge the thing. The PI motor is not a whole ton more than doing just the head swap, and then I can still put 8# of boost through it.

91hatch

Established Member
03infrasvtf said:
im 99% positive 92 was the last year for forged pistons

Yea i agree i know all 87-92 5.0L had forged pistons. 86 had flattops, 93 and up got the hypertonic pistons. idk about pre 86 though

CVR98GT

Audiophile Poster
Established Member
thasalvoo said:
I have a 2004 gt motor in my 96... and it went in with ease

That's what I have come across, quite a few people have said the same thing. I am just curious if there are other options.

Users who are viewing this thread