Engine suddently died

Kempf

Established Member
Hi!

This morning I did an Idle reset/relearn by the book. and drove the car to work about 25 Miles. On my way home at night I did a wot pull on
the Autobahn, and it soundet like the engine coughed and it was dead. Tried to turn on the car 4-5 times but nothing.

Did a dtc readout and it said that all my id 1000 injectos had a p202 to p208 code.

At home we Found out that a Fuse to (41) to the fuelpump was blown. Replaced it and the the car started right up. ( Could not let the car idle more than a few seconds at 2 O clock in the night, for obvious reasons)

My setup
2007 Running E85 Since yesterday. Same setup as Last year with no problems.
Vmp Tvs, 10%lower 3" pulley 15 psi.
injector Dynamics id 1000
Kenne bell competition Boost a pump

My question is When you guys install a boost a pump do you replace the fuelpump fuses with bigger ones?

Thanks in advance!
Stephan

Last edited:

Kempf

Established Member
Hi!

Ok Thanks.

Now what to do when these fuses start to fail, Like i said the 30A Green fuse in the big fusebox failed, Today. Last year I also drove with
E85 and had the Car dynoed with the same fuse in.

athanks in advance!
Stephan

grandfunk

Established Member
Do you have a means of monitoring fuel pressure? I was having issues with blown fuses related to the fuel pump/boost a pump causing the pump to cut out. Seeing what fuel pressure is actually doing could help.
I was seeing fluctuating and or pegged high fuel pressures causing the car to run rich at idle and low load cruising. After troubleshooting the pump, drivers, and boost a pump it came down to the maf. The maf was calling for max fuel and once the signal was boosted by the bap it was enough to blow fuses.
I spent days electrically troubleshooting assuming it was a short or ground with the wiring associated with install causing a bad signal, turns out it was a bad maf so don't limit yourself in your troubleshooting to just the bap if you can't find an obvious problem.

dirtychamba

Django
Established Member
kenne bell sells a bronze replacement insert for that fuse...

I blew mine while racing in mexico and thought i blew my motor. lol

i changed the fuse (same one u changed) to a bronze dummy insert... never had an issue again...

you will probably keep blowing that fuse over time.

Kempf

Established Member
Hi!

Thanks I will order one right away.

Just did a testdrive with the new fuse, and all fine these cars fly on E85.

Afr 6,6 and Fuelrailpressure about 71 psi fuelpump running good at wot i 4 an 5 gear.

Tonight I will sleep tight...... Last night was a bitch

Thanks guys.

Stephan

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Glad it resolved my 99 blew a 20 amp and switched to a 30 amp with no issues with the BAP

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread