Engine sets crooked in MM k-member...what to do?

BeanCrusher

Sidetracked yet again.
Established Member
The MM K-member I was waiting on for my Coyote swap arrived this week, and a rainy day yielded much time to work on the car today.

I wanted to get the motor back out of the car anyway to work on some wiring harness integration, among other things, so dropped it out the bottom this morning along with the stock K. Went ahead and attached the MM K to the motor mounts so its all there when I pull the motor back up into the car.

20150425_153548_zpscwiqzwk1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Looking at the setup head on, the engine is not setting level side to side. Measuring between the top of the cross member and the bottom of the oil pan, the passenger's side is 5/16" lower than the driver's side. Both studs on the new motor mounts sit just above the bottom of the slot the same distance on each side.

What am I doing wrong here? Is it just a simple matter of putting some spacers on the low side until everything sits level?

I've not messed with K-members before, so perhaps I am just showing my ignorance....

BeanCrusher

Sidetracked yet again.
Established Member
+1
They have great tech support.

Well they don't answer email worth a d@mn, their supposed preferred method of support... But maybe mine got lost.

What I ended up doing was adding 1/8" worth of shims to the right side. Now it sits level and engine bay clearance is good all around.

But perhaps I will give a call, just to be sure...

Users who are viewing this thread