Engine/SC help

Stangracer44t

Established Member
So I'm looking to upgrade my setup I have right now. Bought this car with a 03 shortblock, and the 05 revised heads, and has a Procharger P1sc with the stock 4.00 pulley, and stock 39lb injectors right now. Makes 8-10 psi and does 410 at the wheels. Looking to upgrade the setup for more power and need some advise on what to do.

Was thinking about simple pulley swap to a 3.4 and tune it and call it good. But don't know if the injectors will handle that. Other idea was to upgrade to a D1sc and smaller pulley.

What power level will the stock 39lb injectors handle, and what would I need to upgrade to if I go pulley, or D1 and pulley?

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
On a 96 degree day my car mades 456/387 rwhp at 7 psi with a Ford GT pump, KB BAP and 39 lb injectors. The A/F was 11.3 and the tune had 18 degrees total timing. My tuner said the setup will handle a little more power but he wouldn't push the injectors or the stock short block any further.

Do you have an intercooler? If not, get one, if so, pulley and tune that thing as is. If you do end up going with a D1 you'll need 60 lb injectors.

Users who are viewing this thread