engine running issues

mach1gsxr

Established Member
Cliff notes : motor starts, idles, but sounds rough. Like running on 2 cylinders.

Long story now: had car dyno tuned on a thursday. Tuner said that the pulls were showing something up with the drivers side bank and for me to take the car home and get the injectors cleaned.

Did that on a Friday and put them back in the car. While injectors were getting cleaned I put an msd 2 step on and had everything hooked up minus the power wire under the dash. Car fired right up. Ran it for about 45 seconds and shut it off.

Let car sit two days while at work and attempted to start the car to take it back to the tuner to finish the tune.

Car would spin over but never fire. I tried changing plugs and nothing. Tried spraying starting fluid and car would have a pop but still no start. Changed plugs again since they look wet like condensation on them. Changed the crank position sensor and this time the car started but it sounds like it is only running on 2 cylinders.

Pulled the plugs and this time they are dry and only 2 look like they are burning. Put them back in and tried a different set of cops.

Same results. Car starts and runs but sounds like only 2 cylinders. That or timing is way off.

I don't see how it could be the injectors but I'm tempted to try that too.

Any suggestions or thoughts on where to look or things to try?

Mods:
Posi Eaton 3.4 pulley
Full exhaust
Return fuel system
80# injectors
E85
Mafia with stock mad

Fwiw car dynoed 470/4xx tq 2 days before these issues.

Compression check showed everything around 150. 1 cylinder was down around 120.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread