Engine removal

Cashbum

Established Member
What's the best way to pull the engine whole. No trans though. I don't really wanna take the intake off just yet. I usually mount the chains on the heads somewhere on previous 5.4 removals. I've seen people use ratchet straps but can't quite recall where or how many they use and how it's mounted to the engine hoist

DEADLY FORCE

Established Member
I pulled mine today, found it easiest to drop the engine and Trans together via unbolting the k member. Of course you need access to a lift. I originally tried to lift from the top and my straps (motorcycle tie downs) started breaking, said F&$@ it, I'm dropping the k-member.

Cashbum

Established Member
I wish I could do that but of course I have no lift lol. I may just take the top end off and use bolts on the heads

Need4Speed03

Established Member
I took mine out the top, hood and intake off...it was actually not too bad. Went back in through the top pretty smoothly also. Used an engine leveler with the hoist and that made it easier...connected that to 4 points in the engine valley.

Fastnature

Established Member
Where are you guys lifting if removing engine whole? My motor is ready to remove but the points I have seen looks kinda risky for things breaking. I guess if I have to pull intake to be safe I will

kaane

Established Member
When you guys removed your engines, did you remove the engine isolator brackets? or just removed the nut from the top and left the brackets attached to the engine?

zachcrosen

Established Member
Anyone have a how to on pulling the motor? I've looked at the service manual but was wondering about a how to from the top with pix.

Users who are viewing this thread