engine removal

Gt40fiveo

Established Member
Does anybody have a write up on how to remove a coyote engine and what the best way to do it is. I have access to a lift just want to know the easiest and fastest way thanks.

redline5.0

Established Member
I don't have a write up but if you have a lift you might as well drop the whole cradle or engine/subframe out the bottom.

Mb3492

I pulled mine in about 4 hours with hoist. It was a piece of cake. Go to Helminc.com, pay $20 for 1 month access to the shop manual. Nothing I have ever read recommends dropping from bottom, way to much work. Reinstalled my built motor with long tubes already mounted which saved a lot of time.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
It's whatever you want to do.. I've done quite a few dropped out the bottom of the car and a few from the top. Pretty similar time either way.

Mb3492

It's whatever you want to do.. I've done quite a few dropped out the bottom of the car and a few from the top. Pretty similar time either way.

If you were dropping engine/tranny as a unit then that would def be the way. OP stated engine removal, the only time under the car is to drop H pipe, starter, 4 tranny bolts, disconnect some of wiring harness that's about it. A total of about 20-30 minutes. The rest is done up top, why start taking more parts off if you don't have to? Not to mention the hoist with leveler allows you to un-mate very easily, didn't need an engine support. Like I said, I did it (by myself, alone) in 4 hours
Not to mention it doesn't sound like OP is familiar with engine removal and ford shop manual
doesn't cover "bottom out" and it would make it a lot easier for him to follow a written procedure.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread