engine rebuild help

mktbull1

Established Member
just bought an 03, 50k miles on it

i trusted the guys who i bought the car from that it had a fuel problem, and its one of those things that you live and learn from, again :)

anyway, when buying the car i couldn't do pressure test cause the stater ring on the flywheel was busted, it came loose, so i thought it might just be a fuel pressure switch and needs a new flywheel and clutch assembly, and im good to go.
it appears that i have to bore it out and install new pistons, etc,
i need advise on what parts to use ( pistons, valves, retainers, etc) and who you guys recommend in chicagoland as a good trusty guy who can rebuild this thing for me, will have to stick to the stock blower for now, but eventually will swap for a whipple or KB.

how much should i expect to spend on labor on something like this, the trany is already out and is ready to be towed to a shop.

thx for your help

mktbull1

Established Member
moved back to chicago, spoke to AES and DSS today, waiting on quotes but still haven't received anything back yet,
and still dont know what parts to go with.

prostkr

Established Member
Save yourself some trouble and buy the ford reman replacement. Call and get a quote from Tousley ford. You can be up and running in a few days. with a 3 yr 100k engine warranty.

mach1033

Established Member
Save yourself some trouble and buy the ford reman replacement. Call and get a quote from Tousley ford. You can be up and running in a few days. with a 3 yr 100k engine warranty.

Yes they will mail you a reman motor for 6k and then when you mail your old motor they will refund you 2k back. So figure 55 to 5700 hundred with labor in total. You cant beat it. :beer:

mktbull1

Established Member
you guys are right, by the time i get a rebiuld and all that bs, it might be even 6 weeks, its not worth it. ..

i have a shop discount with ford i wonder if they would authorize my actual 20% off ?

that would be bad ass to get it for 3400

thx

Users who are viewing this thread