Engine rebuild help

blwn89gt

Established Member
I toasted two pistons, cylinder 7 like I originally knew, and one on the passenger side. Engine builder is in the process of tearing down the motor for me. I’m having the injectors cleaned and flow tested for good measure.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

01yellercobra

Established Member
Hopefully that's the extent of the damage.

I remember when I pulled the engine out of my 01 apart. I knew number 8 was hurt. But when I pulled the heads I found 2, 7, and 8 all broken. Oops.

blwn89gt

Established Member
I’ll have a better idea this week of what is going on. I’m waiting for my cams I ordered from kurgan. They told me bullet is shipping them today or tomorrow.

blwn89gt

Established Member
Image1695589808.319648.jpg

Smoked two pistons im still waiting on my cams. Once I get them I’ll drop them off and see what the plan is on going forward

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

blwn89gt

Established Member
Well UPS ****ed me hard and my cams are missing. I’m ready to blow a gasket they were so kind to say sorry and they will launch an investigation, like that’s going to do anything.

blwn89gt

Established Member
Dropped off the cams, injectors and 26 spline Input shaft. Engine builder said he was amazed at how good of shape my heads were in. They ordered me up a new set of diamond pistons, should be here in about 2 weeks and all new arp hardware.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Dropped off the cams, injectors and 26 spline Input shaft. Engine builder said he was amazed at how good of shape my heads were in. They ordered me up a new set of diamond pistons, should be here in about 2 weeks and all new arp hardware.

So went ACE eh?

blwn89gt

Established Member

cmm3

Established Member
Hello everyone it’s been awhile but I’m about ready to embark on rebuilding my 03 cobras motor. After a night out I came home and noticed a slight misfire and smoking at idle. Found cylinder 7 had like 30lbs of compression and after shooting some oil down the cylinder and retesting it jumped up to about 90lbs which leads me to believe the rings are toasted. My question is do I have the motor taken out, torn down and redone or should I explore getting a short block. I’ve noticed MMR isn’t taking orders, DSS website shows nothing and the only place I can find a short block is ModMax Racing.

I’ll be honest the car made 660 to the tire with a 2.9 whipple and supporting mods and I’m good with that. The car once back together will be driven maybe on weekends with both my kids in it. I’m not looking to race or beat the balls off it so I don’t need a raced out setup. The way the car sits now I’d need to go e85 to make more power and I don’t want to deal with that. I’m in New York (Long Island) and I’m looking to explore options weather I have someone pull the motor out and fix it, or just get a completed short block. I’m like like have the heads done because the valve seals need to be replaced. Any input is appreciated

I don't know if I should post a link, but I just saw a complete Terminator engine and transmission for $1500 in the Facebook Marketplace in Houston. Even if it didn't run, wouldn't it be worth that in parts alone?

CMM3

blwn89gt

Established Member
I don't know if I should post a link, but I just saw a complete Terminator engine and transmission for $1500 in the Facebook Marketplace in Houston. Even if it didn't run, wouldn't it be worth that in parts alone?

CMM3

1500 seems toooo good to be true. I’ve seen people selling blown motors for more then that lmao

01yellercobra

Established Member
Little bit of JB Weld and you'll be good to go.

I don't think I've ever seen a bent piston ring. Most impress.

Users who are viewing this thread