Engine rebuild help

prs97

Established Member
Holy sh*t.

I would have imagined any engine to be running like a three legged donkey with pistons looking like that, much less one of ours.

blwn89gt

Established Member
Holy sh*t.

I would have imagined any engine to be running like a three legged donkey with pistons looking like that, much less one of ours.

I wound up driving the frigin car to the shop because the tow truck I set up never showed up and I needed to go to work and was running out of time. When the owner went to pull the car in he was like what the hell could be wrong with this thing. It runs pretty good still lmfao.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

blwn89gt

Established Member
Pistons came, just ordered the GT500 lash adjusters and rockers also.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

blwn89gt

Established Member
Well machine shop found a crack in my one heads on the car and it’s not ideal to try to fix. I need a set of heads now. Sucks I got so close to getting the motor back together and here I am now.

bird_dog0347

Established Member
Well machine shop found a crack in my one heads on the car and it’s not ideal to try to fix. I need a set of heads now. Sucks I got so close to getting the motor back together and here I am now.

That sucks to hear, but damn man, that's impressive damage on the slugs!

prs97

Established Member
Maybe you can end up with a set of 9 thread heads as a result.

(Look at me trying to find the silver lining)

Good luck with it.

blwn89gt

Established Member
Maybe you can end up with a set of 9 thread heads as a result.

(Look at me trying to find the silver lining)

Good luck with it.

I was having my machinist put the inserts in anyways but yes that’s what I’m thinking of trying to do. I got a call before saying that I might alright. He disassembled the head to further inspect and it may not be bad. It’s a waiting game

Last edited:

blwn89gt

Established Member
Car is home !! I gotta figure out how to post a video. Drove it home and now I gotta put some miles on it to break in the new clutch before we hammer it on the dyno. I’m very happy so far and with the cams. The car has a rumble to it now with the cams and the kooks exhaust.

prs97

Established Member
Nice!

With the weather being good still (knock on wood), hopefully you can run up those break in miles soon.

blwn89gt

Established Member
Nice!

With the weather being good still (knock on wood), hopefully you can run up those break in miles soon.

Dude it’s rained everyday I’ve been able to drive it. I was busy today and managed to grab the car earlier from my garage and clean it. Tomorrow I have to run some errands so I’ll drive it. I got to figure out how to put a video of it up. The cams sound good.

blwn89gt

Established Member
View attachment 1824097

Can’t figure out how to post a video but here was a quick picture from when I picked the car up.

I ordered up some fittings and line and it showed up from FORE today. Hopefully this week I’ll be able to install the new Y block, make a few lines and change the fuel filter out. Getting rain/snow here now on Long Island so I’m not sure when I’ll be driving it again

blwn89gt

Established Member
Image1704597789.993001.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread