Engine Problems

PrinceSlik

Established Member
Just took a 1800 mile round trip vacation last week to Myrtle Beach. Once I got there the I was getting a lot of smoke on start ups. Could it be from the first long trip? or valve seals? or something to do w/ nitrous?

The other problem is when im driving on the highway the RPM's jump up then come back down real quick and the engine will hesitate once and then be normal for a while. Could this be a bad coil pack?

Has anyone had these problems before?

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
I did a long road trip to Mardi Gras a few months ago, and I got blue smoke at startup (but never when it was running)

I always do road trips... every weekend. Thats where my car sees 90% of its miles.

-Homer

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by PrinceSlik
Just took a 1800 mile round trip vacation last week to Myrtle Beach. Once I got there the I was getting a lot of smoke on start ups. Could it be from the first long trip? or valve seals? or something to do w/ nitrous?

The other problem is when im driving on the highway the RPM's jump up then come back down real quick and the engine will hesitate once and then be normal for a while. Could this be a bad coil pack?

Has anyone had these problems before?

hmmm....sounds weird. I myself would have someone look at it.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Not to change subject but,

IUP99, Did you go to New Orleans? A blast ain't it. If any of you come to New Orleans let me know, I live about 40 miles outside N.O. There are lots of SVT owners down here and we in Louisiana look for any reason to get together and party. Besides Mardi Gras can be more fun when someone who knows the area takes you around. P.S. Brand new 1/4 mi track down here that's damn nice.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
haha.. niiice.

Just as I was getting into the city on 10W, i ran into some big black dude with a black 96-98 cobra. He had the biggest grin ever... so I knew somethin was up.

That was back before I had the blower.... he dusted my doors off!

-Homer

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
There's more around here than most people realize, but there are some bad GM products around here also. The modular motor gets NO respect. Check out www.thunderracing.com They have parts and service for us but these boys build some baaaaad LS1's.

PrinceSlik

Established Member
it wasn't like a slipping clutch. it was really quick jump then back down like a second or less.....and i was on cruise control. I think it could be a bad spark on one of the coils?

Users who are viewing this thread