Engine problems....car is missing...

Wolfhound

25th Infantry
Established Member
Car has been driving great since it was tuned. Today I decided to put in some Torco in it for the ride up to a car show at Waterford Lakes in Orlando. I put in about half a can on top of a full tank. The tank was full so I couldn't add it and then put gas in. the car drove strong on the way up which was about 40 miles and then it sat at the show for about 8 hours and then on the way home it started missing at full throttle in all the gears. My fuel pressure is great and it only misses when you are getting on it. you can't even feel it during normal driving. It feels like it isn't getting enough spark.

I am running NGK TR-7 IX. I have a 2.93 upper and a 4lb lower, SCT 2400, JLT-RAI, BAP, Steggy Stage IV and the car was tuned by Hermann. It has been tuned for about a month and has always ran strong since the tune.

I am wondering if somehow the Torco might of fouled a plug. It was sitting in my garage for about a month. I am going to check the plugs and then maybe change them out and reset my computer. Hopefully this will solve the problem.

Anybody else have this problem or have any ideas on what might be wrong?

Thanks

Buds03Cobra

Established Member
My old fox car would do that when the pugs went foul.
Change the plugs and I bet your good as gold.

But why would you put that stuff in you tank in the first place.
Doing that or adding engen oil magic crap is always a sure way to be fixxing some thing soon.

Users who are viewing this thread