engine oil?

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
if using a synthetic oil shouldn't u go with a lower weight because synthetics are thicker?

Synthetic oils flow better than traditional oils and eliminate more friction which is ideal for high perf engines with tight tolerances.

While we're on this subject.. I've been meaning to ask, those of you running synthetics like Mobil 1 or Syntec, at what intervals do you change your oil?

zPipes

Established Member
Also using Mobil 1 5w 20/ maybe 8-10k since i switched to synthetic, no change yet but coming soon.

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
Well, my original plan with the Mobil 1 was 10k intervals with a filter change at 5k... but I'm beginnin to get paranoid... I'm nearing that 5k mark now and I kinda wanna do a oil change instead of just the filter.

XJRGUY

BIG MONSTERS!
Established Member
Mobil 1 EP 5W-30.

5000 to 7500 mile intervals with Purolator PUR1 filter or Mobil 1 Filter.

Mileage or time, whatever comes first.

Xjrguy

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
10k miles? what?:bash:

Was not all that long ago I was readin online where they were testing Mobil 1 Full synthetic in an 02 LS1 Maro.. They sent oil samples out every 1000 miles for analysis. The oil didn't start breaking down til 18,000 miles. I figured 10k would still be safe with a filter change in between.

01 Venom

Established Member
10k miles is NOT a good idea man, those tests are not done in a high performance high heat motor.

I do mine every 4k or so.

With all the spun bearings we read about, you need to be a little more proactive with the oil.

Users who are viewing this thread