Engine oil level low after a tune?

cobramike323

Established Member
Alright so I just installed an o/r h pipe and tuned my car after driving about 55 miles the engine oil level low light came on so i added some oil and light was still on so then I flashed my stock tune, started up the car light was off, then I flashed my 91 tune back on and it was all good. Next day I get an oil change and I drove the car for about 20 miles, parked it, then went to go start it again and engine oil level low light came back on, I highly doubt my car burned that much oil in only a 20 mile drive, any idea what the problem can be?

debit_free_2010

Established Member
It's a low oil pressure warning light not low level.

The wire to the sender is likely broken. You can check it with a multi-meter.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
did you check your oil levels before adding more to it?

also who changes the oil and what brand filter do they use? I've seen low oil pressure after an oil change. Drained the oil (but saved it) and swapped the oil filter to another one and pressure was back.

cobramike323

Established Member
did you check your oil levels before adding more to it?

also who changes the oil and what brand filter do they use? I've seen low oil pressure after an oil change. Drained the oil (but saved it) and swapped the oil filter to another one and pressure was back.

The very 1st time my car was on a down hill so I don't think it was really accurate when I checked & no I took it to ford for the oil change so they used motor craft

cobramike323

Established Member
Ok quick update I just checked the oil right now after letting the car sit for a long time and it's full so I believe it is a oil pressure issue, if I can't do it I'll most likely take it to ford

Users who are viewing this thread