Engine Harness

arayray

Established Member
Odd request, can anyone get the thickness of the engine harness on both sides? Need a measurement for new loom wrapping

14721682_10157619634255026_5653404543146597953_n.jpg

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
The stock looming is really quite over-sized in almost all areas of the engine harness. Once you unwrap everything and clean it up you can cut the girth of the harness practically in half in most cases. In the areas you circled I believe I used 3/8" TechFlex F6. It was either 3/8" or 1/4", I can't recall exactly.

If you look closely you can see a little of the harness on the driver's side in this picture of my engine bay...

2_zpspuhztcw0.jpg

arayray

Established Member
The stock looming is really quite over-sized in almost all areas of the engine harness. Once you unwrap everything and clean it up you can cut the girth of the harness practically in half in most cases. In the areas you circled I believe I used 3/8" TechFlex F6. It was either 3/8" or 1/4", I can't recall exactly.

If you look closely you can see a little of the harness on the driver's side in this picture of my engine bay...

2_zpspuhztcw0.jpg

Sweet! That's exactly what I'm going to use. Relatively how hard was it to rewrap it? I don't plan on cutting into it or anything until I redo the engine bay.. Just want to clean it up some.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
It's quite simple. The F6 is a split loom. Just cut it to length and slide it on. Then I wrapped the joints with non-adhesive vinyl tape like the OEM's use (you can buy it on Amazon real cheap). It secures the joint and finishes it off nice.

This my harness thinned down and modified (plugs moved around, others removed, etc..), rewrapped with non-adhesive vinyl tape to hold it more tightly together before I wrapped it with F6

pic_zpsjphxirwf.jpg

Here it is all wrapped up with the TechFlex F6 looming....

20151214_184418_zpsprbjgnce.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread