Engine Guru's Please Enter (worth what HP/$$$)

Why Try?

Established Member
Fellow SVTer's came here for some Engine Guru's and Foxbody guys who know/can help me figure out what this setup is good for maybe HP/TQ numbers as well as built to stay N/A and most importantly if it was built using good $$ parts and sense... Coming from a world of superchargers and 04 Cobra's so actual motor work im clueless on.. just being honest and trying to learn about what im buying here before I buy it (next week picking this car up). All parts are on a 1991 coupe, 2 owner, no accidents with less than 85K on car and 6K miles on the work stated below. Car is being advertised at 16K just for FYI... Please help :pop:

PARTS LIST

Ford Racing 302 block F
Forged pistons and rods
Ported GT-40 X-303 aluminum turbo swirl heads
Ported GT-40 intake
Ford Racing E-303 camshaft
Hardened push rods
B-351 roller rockers
Ford Racing H.O. pressure plate and clutch assembly
24# injectors
190L fuel pump
adj. fuel pressure regulator
BLACK BBK cold air intake
BBK 70mm TB
Pro-M 75mm MA
MSD-6200 6A ignition,
March pulleys
180 degree t-stat
40's Flowmaster w/BBK 1-5/8 long-tube's and O/R X-pipe
Ford 3.73 gears

Last edited:

itSSlow98

Established Member
Sounds like a budget build to me probably making around 275rwhp depending on compression. For 16k it better have a GForce t5, 9 inch, be a coupe with flawless paint and interior and be sitting on CCWs.

Why Try?

Established Member
Sounds like a budget build to me probably making around 275rwhp depending on compression. For 16k it better have a GForce t5, 9 inch, be a coupe with flawless paint and interior and be sitting on CCWs.

i was looking at the above and thought maybe it was a Ford Racing crate motor that has 340HP????

thanks for the reply... its Black on Black perfect inside and out T5 trans with CENTERLINE Mojave... i backed him down to 14.5K at the moment just wanted to ensure it was done right... ive had high HP cars just looking for a nice coupe that is gonna have little bit of power to make me smile and looks and ride to go along with that

Last edited:

coposrv

Established Member
14.5k sounds to high still. It sounds like a nice car but you could be in mint 93 cobra territory for that. I would say a clean notch with what sounds like a crate motor should be around 10ish

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member
coming from a guy who's been scouting the market for a notchback id say 14.5 is ALOT for that car and what it has.
for 14.5 you can get a very nice and rare older Cobra.
for everything you just listed id say no more than 8-9k (depending of course on body condition which i think you said is good)

Users who are viewing this thread