Engine Fogging, how do you do it?

castellscl

Established Member
I'm going to Iraq for 13 months and am not going to be able to start my truck for the whole time.

I've done a lot of searching on long term storage and got everything pretty much nailed down.
Truck will be:
In a garage
with plastic vapor barrier on floor of garage
on jack stands with suspension loaded
about (4) 4 pound buckets of silca-gel for moisture control
full tank of gas with Stabil mixed in with a full tank of gas
going to change the oil
going to take the battery out and store it on shelf

No the only thing I'm not sure about is how to Fog the engine with SEA FOAM DEEP CREEP?
Any ideas on the best way to use this stuff?

castellscl

Established Member
Oh yeah, if I just changed my oil last month with Royal Purple an only have 750 miles on it, do you guys think it will be ok not to change the oil?

SatinSilverSVT

Established Member
Sea Foam you generally used by running the truck and spraying it into the intake, it is possible to hydrolock the motor when doing it so do not just spray the whole can in there. Who told you to sea foam before storage?

castellscl

Established Member
Well, I've read alot of classic car/ long term storage stuff and on Marine motor storage.
I figured sense I'll be gone for over a year and the truck won't be started I don't want anything sticking/rusting inside the motor.

skipthedrummer

Established Member
nah, sea foam will just clear everything out.

I ran it on my bronco once with 200,000 miles. wow. it smoked forreeeevvvverrrr. Lets you know its doing its job though.

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
on our race car motors we always just spin them over with no fire to them while fogging the intake. We take the carb off on them so that is a short distance to the cylinders

WhiteBolt

Engine Master
Established Member
Suspension load cause I've read all over the place to keep it so.
You're right there, it's not good for the suspension bushings, ball joints, leaf springs, shocks, etc... to have the axles and wheels hanging down by gravity. It's not their natural operating position.
Jackstands or wood blocks under the axle housing and front control arms will keep the tires off the ground while still maintaining the same suspension loading as if it were still on the ground.

Users who are viewing this thread