Engine dress up?

Planeswalker

Established Member
Now that I have got all the performance mods I wanted for now, I'm going to start looking at some engine dress up stuff. Has anybody done or seen any good braided hoses/covers or coolant tanks? Or any other good looking stuff? Custom jobs?

Planeswalker

Established Member
Shelby American SS coolant tanks are nice. I'm adding mirror polished FORE fuel rails and coil covers for starters. Also thinking about sending the blower off to get full polished as well.

Does Shelby have the coolant tanks for the 2013s yet? Remember reading somewhere they are different. Or are you just modding it to fit? Wonder if they made tanks for the '13 SS or if they modded it to fit.

BIRDDOC

Established Member
Now that I have got all the performance mods I wanted for now, I'm going to start looking at some engine dress up stuff. Has anybody done or seen any good braided hoses/covers or coolant tanks? Or any other good looking stuff? Custom jobs?

In about a week I will "knock you socks off" with some custom engine dress up pieces. They are shipped and on their way! I'll post pics once I get them on :beer:

Shhhh

Established Member
Never was big into dress up stuff. No one really sees under my hood besides myself anyway. Just looks tacky to me.

Marc

Established Member
^^^ To each his own. If we all had the same tastes would be a very boring world of cars.

My cobra was near 700HP and had polished/carbon fiber look...won several engine awards.

The new Shelby I am doing up in the "black/carbon fiber" look.

Planeswalker

Established Member
In about a week I will "knock you socks off" with some custom engine dress up pieces. They are shipped and on their way! I'll post pics once I get them on :beer:

Nice can't wait!

Found these, they are for 2011-2012s. Cost is $1100 and would be a PITA changing them all lol.

fmBdGno.jpg

Planeswalker

Established Member
Never was big into dress up stuff. No one really sees under my hood besides myself anyway. Just looks tacky to me.

I used to not care about under hood stuff, but now my wife and I belong to several car/mustang clubs and do alot of shows and stuff. Here is my wifes 2011 Roush Stage 2, did all the paint myself.

A4qWH5G.jpg

BIRDDOC

Established Member
I used to not care about under hood stuff, but now my wife and I belong to several car/mustang clubs and do alot of shows and stuff. Here is my wifes 2011 Roush Stage 2, did all the paint myself.

A4qWH5G.jpg

That looks great!

I love those hoses but the $$$ is a road block for me with all the other stuff I want to do.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
I got lucky and found a guy who sold them for 1/2 price after using 2 hoses for a week and decided to go with black

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
Thanks man, another nice way to dress the engine bay up would be hydro dipping

There is a member on here who does great work!

Also works wonders with powder as well

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
Let me know if you guys need any paint/ powder coating/ hydro graphics work. I've done a few things for the fellas.

Users who are viewing this thread