Engine dress up

2012fiveoh

Established Member
Had some nice downtime this weekend and decided to dress up the engine bay a bit to match the exterior.

20140526_175816.jpg
20140526_175838.jpg

RC-5.0

Established Member
who painted the coil covers?
I like the contrast of colors..You could paint the TiVCT also. ANother thing that looks great is to clearcoat the radiator cover if you dont paint it.
RC

Badlilstang

Established Member
I like that.. we got the same caps! I have seen chrome braces as low as 180$. Not sure if I can get my piece chromed for less. (Sorry about the thread jack OP)

2012fiveoh

Established Member
@ badlilstang I really like the white carbon fiber, I was going to go this route to be a contrast to the JLT black carbon fiber intake (not on in pic for tuner crapping out on me after cat deletes), however I wasn't willing to throw down that kind of cash for cosmetics right now.

Last edited:

2012fiveoh

Established Member
who painted the coil covers?
I like the contrast of colors..You could paint the TiVCT also. ANother thing that looks great is to clearcoat the radiator cover if you dont paint it.
RC

I painted it all, was a bitch cutting out the lettering (lettering is in gloss black/stripes in red). I planned on doing the 32V TiVCT in silver to match the 5.0 badge just haven't gotten around to grabbing some silver. I like the look of your coyote themed radiator cover, but I'll probably just leave mine bare (it is clear coated already)

RC-5.0

Established Member
I painted it all, was a bitch cutting out the lettering (lettering is in gloss black/stripes in red). I planned on doing the 32V TiVCT in silver to match the 5.0 badge just haven't gotten around to grabbing some silver. I like the look of your coyote themed radiator cover, but I'll probably just leave mine bare (it is clear coated already)

Is it cleared in that photo? It doesnt look like it and the sticker is still on it. I use and airbrush when I paint them so NO cutting letters :)
RC

2012fiveoh

Established Member
Yea it's clear coated but only a thin layer right now, I thought about taking it to work and gloss black spraying it. So I was testing with clear rattle can to see if it would ''shiny'' up. Didn't work as intended though. Damn I wish I thought about an airbrush for the letters though....

RC-5.0

Established Member
Yea it's clear coated but only a thin layer right now, I thought about taking it to work and gloss black spraying it. So I was testing with clear rattle can to see if it would ''shiny'' up. Didn't work as intended though. Damn I wish I thought about an airbrush for the letters though....
This is what I meant by clear:

RadiatorCoverClear5.jpg

RadiatorCoverClear4.jpg

RadiatorCoverClear5-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread