engine done

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Originally posted by kom
I hope to god that you don't read instructions at the Nuclear Power plant the same way or we're all in trouble......

:lol: :lol:

...makes me think of Homer Simpson

StreetStalker

Established Member
Wow, that really sucks if it is true. Something seems a little fishy though. It is hard tell with so little info. I don't want flame anyone and It is absolutely possible for a new engine to blow but every fake engine blows story starts out with " I was just driving along and all of sudden I heard a horrible clanking and knocking". All these posts makes it sound like a thrown connecting rod. I just don't know. I guess it is possible that the car lost oil ,do to some reason, and this caused the engine to overheat and seize. We won't beable to tell until we get more info.

Grumpy

Established Member
Well Laddies...
I've been driving HiPo machinery since '65 and I've never had any of it break unless I've abused it; and by abused I don't mean run it hard. You can run the hell out of it if you stay within the limitations of the machinery.

I question the validity of the '03 breaking and the alude to problems with the Bullitt simply because I've run my '03 hard and it doesn't make any bad noises nor did my Bullitt #00680 give me any problems during the 16 months that I drove it hard.

Seems kind of unlikely that a person could manage to pick two lemons in a row.

redracer

Established Member
you had better luck than i did--my 03 cobra had 160 miles on it on june 28th when(according to service manager) i had a rod let go. repsone from ford and s.v.t. was like a scene right out of the 1960's---duh????? well it will only take 10 days to install new motor and on and on. after getting my crank pulled till i was blind they did me a "favor" by installing a complete new motor in my 35k cobra and the car was only off the raod for 26 of its first 28 days. ford could not be more sluggish and incompetent. this was my 1st and last experiment with a domestic car--love the car but the ford dealers are world class wankers. for my troubles i got 45k of free maintaince,75k esp warranty and two car payments. when i asked the dealership for a new car they sidestepped me. under the "lemon law" ford has 4 more days in the next 15 months for the car being off the road for repairs before i do them a "favor" and return there fine product. i work for an import dealer and it's ironic that i should have this happen to me but it clearly illistrates one reason why the imports kick our buts and judging from the dealership complaints on this website i am not alone

03grey vert

Well i talked to the dealer today. He said they did not have time to go into the engine just yet, and im not that versered on cars to know what exactly went wrong, my son is coming home this weekend from college and we will try to get pictures of the engine for you guys. but the service manager said it would be replaced if necessary. as for all the talk of me not keeping my cars up, this is why i was not even going to post this but a few people on here know who i am and what i am about. as for my bullitt, it had a terrible paint job., The paint was terrible from the factory and was bought back by ford for costafter much discussion. That is how i was able to get the cobra.

Lomancobra

Established Member
Originally posted by 03grey vert
Well i talked to the dealer today. He said they did not have time to go into the engine just yet, and im not that versered on cars to know what exactly went wrong, my son is coming home this weekend from college and we will try to get pictures of the engine for you guys. but the service manager said it would be replaced if necessary. as for all the talk of me not keeping my cars up, this is why i was not even going to post this but a few people on here know who i am and what i am about. as for my bullitt, it had a terrible paint job., The paint was terrible from the factory and was bought back by ford for costafter much discussion. That is how i was able to get the cobra.

What dealer?

kom

Established Member
03grey vert, not everyone doubts you. Unfortunately one or two "GRUMPY" Homer Simpson types sneak in and feel they have this all seeing wisdom just because they're old. GRUMPY should check his Dosimeter to see if he's got too much nuke exposure at work...

Hey GRUMPY, I guess "03grey vert" abused his Bullitt by waxing it to much and that caused the paint to fail. What do you think? Enlighten us.. You seem to know everything..

03grey vert, keep us posted on the failure of your engine. I read that dealer were not supposed to take the engines apart because SVT wanted them back whole to dissect them. Photos would be great...

Last edited:

Grumpy

Established Member
I looked my Bullitt over in fine detail BEFORE I accepted it. No problems...nor were there any 16 months later. You get what you're willing to accept.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Originally posted by kom
03grey vert, keep us posted on the failure of your engine. I read that dealer were not supposed to take the engines apart because SVT wanted them back whole to dissect them. Photos would be great...

I also read that SVT takes whole engines back.....someone here should be able to confirm that

Last edited:

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by JB
I also read that SVT takes whole engines back.....someone here should be able to confirm that
That is correct,
o3Grey, They are more than likely going to replace that engine, with a new one from SVT could take a couple months so be prepared to wait. I kind of doubt they will repair it, unless it was something simple like a oil plug, did the enging run completely out of oil? Ig it did, I wouldnt take that bad boy back unless, A: it was completely rebuilt or B: a new engine. Just my .02

-Zach

SonterraSVT

10thAnniversary SVT Cobra
Established Member
Hope this is not stupid to say, but did you have a third party company change the oil, and filter? You have to be careful when you go to these Oil & lube shops. Not everyone there does a 100% perfect job! (sorry if anyone works at the aforesaid places)
If you have, maybe the oil plug was not secured, an oil filter not tight, maybe a jealous tech did something. Maybe it could have been a dealer problem, when they do the dealer prep, they are suppose to check those things, maybe something was missed during the prep.

These are only suggestions, to help out. NO FLAMES NECC. This is the first I read anything about a complete engine loss from a ford SVT product.

Evilcartman

Established Member
My father inlaw just had his oil changed at Pennsoil. His motor took a crap the day after. I don't know what they did, but it seems kinda weird.

Users who are viewing this thread